Monday, February 11, 2013

got snow? Uh-huh

Life can be crazy, of course. We all know it. And sometimes life is a mad rush. Mine is like that a lot...but an organized mad rush and I really quite like it.
I like the new. I like the change.
And sometimes I don't like the change. It would be nice to find a groove and stay in it. Sometimes I think that. But... I'm not sure I'd find my groove. Maybe the 'change' groove is my groove. :) The thing about change, though- it happens and you might as well like it. So, I'm looking forward to Mar. To the change that comes then. To some time spent on the shores of the Gulf of Finland, of all places, up where the Tsar used to have his winter palace. To the place they sometimes just call 'Peter'. I will love getting to know this city and I'm definitely looking forward to time spent there with someone I consider a friend whom I'm very much looking forward to getting to know better.
Speaking of change- one thing that hasn't changed in quite awhile is the fact that it snows here. For the fun of it. Every day. Lots. Still. For months. I'm sure.
Seriously...it snowed yesterday evening and all night. Yup, that's pretty. Nope, we no longer need it. I mean- I'm sure we've had enough here to share with the entire MidWest US...and still have all we need. I haven't seen a winter like this in... I-don't-know-how-long.


It is pretty though! :)
 And that's not the fresh stuff. That's last week's.
Here's some more of last weeks:

It was coming down thick and fast and wet...just as the kids were getting out of school. How cool is that?? 

Calvin and Hobbes revisited, beautifully
A taste of summer-to-come. Do this. It's delish!!!

'night you all! xo

ps- It's my baby sis' 37th birthday today!! 

4 comments:

  1. well i am happy to find your blog. thanks for the posts and you can keep the snow, thanks. we had rainy slush again today on top of the five inches of snow last week.
    luv and hugs to you dear Anita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have kept the snow...unfortunately! Glad you found the blog Janeen! :)

      Delete
  2. I recognize Ostrog, and feel maudlin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't feel maudlin. You could be breaking your neck on that Ostrog hill. I mean it is the worst I've seen. Sometimes I could literally barely move forward for sliding backwards. It was the pits!

      Delete