Tuesday, August 28, 2012

me again Margaret

One does have thoughts that shoot through one's head. Sometimes they leave a blazing trail; sometimes a little dust; sometimes there is hardly any ripple at all after they've passed. These days have been good for me, though, because there have been lots of thoughts and lots of things to make me smile, to make my heart glad, to me stop and think- I need to be careful. I've been aware again that I tend to take people at face value (and to expect others to take me that way)...well, at least I do that when I'm functioning at normal levels; get me a little tired and stressed and... well... I'm as good as the next person at reading all kinds of stuff into any situation. But really, I usually make major missteps in interpreting what I see/hear then so... I do better with the 'take it as it seems' thing. But... not everyone is like that. And people we're with might be trying to read us and wondering What on earth does that little 'Uh-huh' mean? So- I've been trying to think a little more about what other signals might (seem to) be coming from me. 
Mind you... I still think you should take me at face value. 
But anyway.
Where is this going, anyway? (shrugs)

Meanwhile, it's been awhile since I did any funnies... and I've saved a few! ;)

The summer was sort of like this. Only instead of grass stains, I noticed that the shower floor got gritty every time I took a shower and the first water going down the drain was brown... it was a hot dry summer here, too (well- in Ukr) and there was a lot of dust in the air... and it washed off in the shower. Fascinating. It did feel good to get that tired again on a daily basis! ;)
What is it with kids and fly swatters? We had to hide them sometimes this summer...when there was food around. Our diligent 'slappers' didn't always use the best judgment on when to swat and when not to swat.
I hear you Satch. A very good way to describe onions. The raw ones, at any rate.  
I have known a few people like this. The first was an old man I met with Sundays back in my university days. His memory was amazing. I miss him. ps- did you know Lucy was THAT old?! ;)
Well- wouldn't you blog a comic that had your very own name in it?! I mean... ;)
ps- I tried to talk to a Polish cat today... with no success. Apparently I don't know the way to talk to a Polish cat. When I first was in Ukr, I saw a cat one day and said, 'Here kittykittykittykitty...' and was totally ignored. Funny that Ukrn cats don't know English. Neither do Polish cats. They don't know Ukrn either. Ukrn cats respond to 'kitskitskitskitskits' (sort of like kttskttsktts) The cat today did NOT know that line. huh. 
Jesse the Jack Russel Terrier- someone shared a Jesse video with me recently. He's an amazing dog. I'm not sure if I'd want toast that had been put into the toaster and taken out by a dog, though. On the other hand, I think the point is service dogs and what they can do... in which case, I might be very glad to get toast like that if I had a dog like that...
Monarch butterflies are cool!- Yes they are! Especially since the Monarchs that migrate south are not the same ones that go north in the spring.

It's raining and cool. Feels like fall. Feels like September and not August. In fact, most of the past 3 weeks have felt like Sept. I really really REALLY love not sweating All The Time. yay! I'ma open my windows wide and get under the covers!! ;)

And- Tomorrow is my dad's birthday! :)

9 comments:

  1. The "fly" cartoon reminds me of corn day at Dells last week. Doors open to shed and c. house and that SWEET corn juice on our skins made us real targets for flies, LOTS of flies (ick) so our little friend helping, initials R. S., was apparently not needed at the time by his big bro J.S.--------was asked by S.W. to swat flies. SO, while I "flattened" pie crust the swatter flattened flies and was banging near by with loud bangs and exclaimations of the looks of the deceased right on the food island where I was working. Suddenly there was a big exclaimation by the swatter. "WOW THAT FLY'S HEAD GOT SEVERED FROM IT'S BODY---------LOOK AT THIS" sticks the palm of his hand under my nose (and over the crust!) and further exclaims see that--there's his head and there's his body AND LOOK AT THAT BIG POOL OF BLOOD IN BETWEEN, WOW, LOOK AT THAT, THAT IS A LOT OF BLOOD! I honestly kept my cool AND my stomach and said "ummmm sure is" Could really chuckle about it later tho. He is a cute little farm kid and I like him lots!!! We miss you here, glad you are having good days there. Love, C. and O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick would totally agree with the onion comic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad got some birthday wishes at conv because of this blog!lol! Problem was, he didn't know who the wisher was. We got it figured out tho, JV's dad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I'm working on who JV is... I'll get it... proly... ;)

      Delete
  4. hey! fun to catch up a tiny teensy bit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the Mutts cartoon & the rest, too.

    ReplyDelete