Remember this post? It has a footnote now. Somewhere, I think I mentioned the fact that the dad of Baby refused to come into the hosp for his baby son's dismissal ceremony. Which seemed very odd at the time. It was such a big deal, the whole video taping of it all, the champagne, the dressing up and hair do-ing of the little girl. And when the whole ceremony moved outside to Papa's car (a shiny black Mercedes-type with dark windows) and someone stuck their head inside the car to congratulate Papa, he sharply turned away and would look at no one. And I wondered Who are you? Are you the mafia? Or some other crime boss? Or who?
And it was odd. Very.
This summer that day came up in conversation and Sharon says: Oh yes Papa. Well, this little 'family' is not his real family. This nice girl we went to see at the hosp that day... she's his mistress.
And still is. He comes down to spend time with her and the baby.
But he has a 'real' family up north.
And yes- He is wealthy. Very.
So yes- He is some sort of Something Bad.
In retrospect, I'm sure the whole hospital and video crew knew that day what was going on. But we 2 ignorant foreigners were completely in the dark.
It all made me very sad.
And it was odd. Very.
This summer that day came up in conversation and Sharon says: Oh yes Papa. Well, this little 'family' is not his real family. This nice girl we went to see at the hosp that day... she's his mistress.
And still is. He comes down to spend time with her and the baby.
But he has a 'real' family up north.
And yes- He is wealthy. Very.
So yes- He is some sort of Something Bad.
In retrospect, I'm sure the whole hospital and video crew knew that day what was going on. But we 2 ignorant foreigners were completely in the dark.
It all made me very sad.
I had to go back and read to remember the original story. Very interesting.
ReplyDeleteWhat a deal...
ReplyDeleteSuch a different way of life...
ReplyDeleteAnita this is more interesting than some books I read. :)
ReplyDeleteDepends on the books you read, of course! But the fact that it's true, yes, it's interesting!
DeleteWhat field were you in when that original post was made?
ReplyDeletesouth
Delete