Monday, September 3, 2012

just another Monday

I was glad for every bit of caffeine I had today. Every drop.
 Really, it's been a good day... for the most part. Life happens and we go with it. I'm learning that lesson... I hope.
My time in Poland is rapidly drawing to a close and while I always love being here, I'm always happy to head back across that wild eastern border to where it's a tad less civilized a tad more muddy and tad less organized a tad more... well, Ukrainian. :)
I was asked many times while in the US recently- Are you homesick for Ukraine? Do you miss Ukraine? The answer was somewhat surprising for me and a bit disturbing at first. No, I did not. I was too busy soaking up the rarity of being in the US to mourn what I was temporarily removed from. I was comforted by the certainty that if I couldn't return to Ukraine... I would feel differently. Fitting back into life in the US isn't always easy when you've been away for 5 years. But. There is nothing like the the feel of US soil under your feet, the taste of US air in your mouth. The sight of the dear dear faces of loved ones who are in the US. There is nothing to compare to that. There is nothing that compares to the Red White and Blue snapping in the breeze over your head. Nothing. So- I've come to terms with my mixed feelings. I know that my love for my place here is no less nor is my love for the people I'm with here any less for loving the US and all she holds for me. I loved every minute there. I hope I profited from it in ways that matter most. Having said all that- I'm happy to be here again. Leaving is never easy. But being is dear, is precious. Home truly is where the heart is. And my heart is in me, thanks. :)
 Onward. You need some comic diversion. Right? ;)
from Neatorama
I hear you. Sometimes what you need is a flamethrower. I'm back in the land of matches, too!
oh boy. Do I know this feeling. About so many things electronic. About this sweet laptop. About that smarter-than-me-phone I use. Really, if they just called 'aps' 'programs'...I think I could cope a tad bit better. I. Just. Don't. Get. So. Many. Things. 

On the other hand- it fills my world with mystery and magic! Because it's just like magic!
this one just made me smile...that's why

3 comments:

  1. Safe travels back to 'home' again! Love all you shared about your love for the USA, but your love for them there too. We feel it with our own family members that are in other places...they love us and others and this wonderful country. But they love where they are. And that is what makes us the most thankful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been missing you at preps! The pyrotechnics made me think of Perry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just had a conversation similar to the main part of the post above...and I really do feel this way.
    And Lisi's mom- I know some of you understand quite well! ;) xo

    ReplyDelete