Monday, December 6, 2010

life updated in a series of recent blurry pix

 Did I already tell you about these? We can get them in the some stores now. I'm limiting myself. But- oh yummers!
OSHA-approved? hmmm I think not. Works, though. They were painting...
Stopped at the store last weekend to pick up some basics and saw this on the counter. It is some kind of homemade sausage...but the blackest I've ever seen. Is this blood sausage? I know they like it here... was back there this weekend and there was another plate of it. Should have asked the cashier but didn't. 
This man was doing the 'bus station lady' job (same job, different station) and let me tell you- he's a pushover. Everyone cheerfully waltzed past him, ticket or no... wonder if he got DEmoted or PROmoted?
last week's wild drunk. He was a doozy. Obnoxious and spoiling for a fight.  He started out right behind me at the back of the bus. I moved when it became clear that he would fight if someone half gave him the chance. Others followed suit. (this pic is from when he and his sober escort were at the front of the bus... trying to bribe the driver into dropping them off halfway between stops- in Sober Escort's defense- I'm sure it was no easy task at all being in charge of this guy. The driver, though, wouldn't do it- told him the fine he'd have to pay for doing that was 10 times what SE was offering him. That, friends, is a sign of how orderly this city is... home of the quiet and happy dogs... unusual, so far, in this Dear Land.)
Drunk had just finished making faces at and belittling the driver. His hand is still moving. The pix are blurry...  which is likely what the world looks like to him. He was entertaining... from a distance. 
The end of last week, waiting for the bus. It was a long and slippery ride. Driver did really well, though. 
Ange's lesson was cancelled today so she went along to walk at the mall... and to browse the dessert counter at the coffee shop. She had some kind of caramel cheesecake; I had coffee mousse. :) S turned down dessert but we all had an orange juice- fresh-squeezed. A rare and special treat!
A very bad pic- but we were right by the glass that overlooks the skating rink. A group of early teenage boys kept crashing into the glass right by us and laughing uproariously. We were laughing, they were laughing. They got the biggest kick out of it. So- I got my phone out and shot a pic...so they ducked... then came back with a cell phone camera of their own... still laughing. It was a fun afternoon... a welcome break for all of us! (proly for the boys, too, but guess I can't speak for them!)

2 comments:

  1. Glad the Oreos are showing up in your area. They are A MUST. I have to discipline myself when I buy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice- it's a tough choice- should I buy them out every time just so they think there's a huge demand or is it better to think of the calories and such???? hmmm

    Actually- I know the answer! But I'd hate to think they'd quit carrying them! ;)

    ReplyDelete