Friday, December 31, 2010

smile!

Zing. Found this in my folder- don't remember why I kept it. But wow- Zing. Hisssssssss
What's not to love about Baby Blues?!
The other day- that day- lunch was done. There was a winter boots mess by the door, so I got out the vacuum and hoovered around a bit then took a wet rag and swiped a bit. Took the vacuum into the room S and I were sharing. The rug just needed some attention. Mostly the part in the middle of the room but I quickly zoomed back into the corners, too. The one by the balcony door. I hear the door to the apartment from the outside hallway being unlocked by S. The vacuum hits something. I turn to look out into the hallway. Think- Wait, what'd I hit with the vacuum? turn to look. People coming in through the door. I see a puddle of water spreading out from the corner towards me. Towards the vacuum. Towards S' computer case!!!! (heart failure... before I remember her comp is somewhere else... whew...) I shriek. People saying Hi in friendly voices. I jam the tipped over lidless water bottle upright. Swivel around and race past them for some rags while shouting Hi! Mow them over again to get back to the small lake in the living room. Random really funny comments from the people in the hallway (haha). Frantically sop up water. Knock the water bottle over again. (There are a lot of papers in the general vicinity and a couch.) Really classy way to greet guests. 
Only one of my all time favorite Calvin and Hobbes. Love it! Mom is completely hilarious here...
What I have to do to change light bulbs, get cups and glasses off the rack they're stored on, get to the rags and cleaning supplies in the cupboard. The cookies, though, are kept in a far less dangerous place! ;)
Winter quit knocking awhile ago and just roared on in! ;)
it's been snowing here for about 3 days straight now. Heavy and then not so heavy. Fun stuff.
And there's a LOT of shiny polished ice underneath that snow. So far, we have avoided all mishaps. But we are very very careful. I never cease to marvel at the people who walk out into traffic trying to cross against the light or in the middle of the block with cars whooshing by when the road is icy, too. There's an expression here- Bored with life. That must be the way it is... not for me, though. No sirree. 
sigh. Unfortunately- the pic on the left is me with a normally functioning thyroid. The one on the right was how I was when it was hyperactive. Went in this fall for my thyroid check, convinced it had gone the other way... only to be mightily disappointed to see it was smack dab in the middle of normal. I liked having energy and zip and losing weight without trying. heh.  
This is exactly how I felt trying to navigate the cliff wall of Wuthering Heights. And Jane Eyre. I know a lot of you liked them. I tried. I really did. I just couldn't do it.  
never knew all of this! ;)
I had a friend once who walked down the sidewalk purposely stepping on the cracks... made me sad. Still does. I was more like the kid here. Eventually had to make myself not look at the sidewalk because I knew it didn't make a difference but just knowing the rhyme made it hard to walk along the sidewalk and not try to avoid the cracks.... Love you Mom!

4 comments:

  1. I love the Calvin & Hobbs one, I've laughed at it before. There are a few times when she laughs at the dad that is really funny. Calvin & Hobbs books are great reads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree- C&H books are great! I'm glad I get a re-run a day on my reader!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish the Star carried Agnes. I could always start a comics feed online, but that would just give me another reason to spend more time on the computer and I like to hold the paper when I read the funnies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe try getting Agnes in your inbox? That way you could do it fast?

    ReplyDelete