Friday, November 26, 2010

adventures of the non-human types

this mutt was absolutely eating the water in a (much) less than clean mud puddle. I stopped in awe to watch.
She finally limped off... with a major hitch in her get-along. 
Nobody here was much bothered by any hitches in their get-alongs. In fact, it's seriously doubtful if they have a get-along at all. The black and white dog hang around together all the time; T calls them 'Salt' and 'Pepper'.
often pass these horses on our way to the village. We walk through their field. They let us. 

Waiting for the bus on the Very Warm Day With Lots of Flowers- T suddenly says Hey! There's a bug. (Well, it IS November! You don't expect them at the end of Nov, do you?) The Bug is trying to cross the road. Time and again, a car goes sweeping by. Bug gets blown around, curls up in a tight ball and then uncurls and heads back across the road. We watched him. Amazing how he always unerringly headed off in the same direction. This shows him in the middle on the white line. Shortly after this, after a bus really blew him off course, I scooped him onto a piece of paper and took him the rest of the way. I just couldn't stand the thought of him possibly getting squashed after all that effort. ;)
T's comment? I wonder what he needs to do over there? Did he come from there? 
No kidding. What on earth does a bug have to do across the road that is so completely urgent. We could have stayed to watch but our bus came. 
The end.

4 comments:

  1. my guess is that the bug had a bug baby on the other side of the road!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad someone else picks up bugs and helps them out! I mean, just because you are tiny and have six legs, doesn't mean you don't have a life just like other creatures, right?! love, jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. good guess, Kristina! ;)
    Jo- I don't often stop to help out a bug... :( I just couldn't stand to see this one get smashed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps- someone told me last night- You know that bug turned around and likely crossed the road again? No, I said! Why? Because that's what bugs do.
    It sure was entertaining! ;)

    ReplyDelete