Thursday, March 10, 2011

Smile!

I found out that the Blogger problem is related to Chrome. Blogger works just fine in Internet Explorer (which drives me nuts) right now...
March 8th is International Women's Day- a holiday that dwarfs both Valentine's Day and Mother's Day here in the former USSR (and in most of Europe, I think). We got this sweet little bunch of Snow Drops on Tues (March 8). Look closely- see the bulbs at the bottom of the stems?
We planted them! Of course, snow drops don't last long... but the bulbs do. :)

11 comments:

  1. I was thinking of switching to Chrome but I'll wait until the bugs get worked out first. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ??? I use Chrome ALL THE TIME. And I blog in it too?? Don't know what happened when you tried it. Sorry!

    I love spring flowers!! ;-) (I'll try not to brag too much about ours here...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Janice and Twila- I have been using Chrome exclusively for more than a year without any problems. It's only the past few days that Blogger, for some reason won't work in Chrome. Except today I can comment again. Just can't actually do posts. Chrome is so much faster and hassle-free than Internet Explorer. Using IE now for blogging reminds me why I ditched it to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever used mozilla firefox--that's what we use all the time. Haven't had any issues with it in a long time (occasionally a website wouldn't work with it, usually a checkout) and cannot stand to use IE anymore either :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't let a negative comment about my Chrome go by so I'll just say I easily posted something on one of my student blogs just now from inside Chrome without any problems.

    Of course, I understand there could have been a "little" bug for a short time, but they are usually fast in getting them fixed. I guess you'd likely have the newest version of Chrome which is 10 since they automatically update you.

    Here is a link that'll make your day. http://goo.gl/jhsaq

    Dima

    PS. Nice purple flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can comment from Chrome but I can't blog... still messed up here. Not sure what to do...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crocuses?! Really? Well of all things! ;)
    well, Ok. You're probably right. They for sure aren't snow drops... now where did I get that idea????

    Thanks!

    (and ps- which Amy is this?) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ps- I'm considering checking firefox out. You're not the first to recommend that, Helen. Not being able to blog from Chrome is frustrating, to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ps- the problem ended up being that I needed to clear the cache and delete my browsing history. Had forgotten that all together...

    ReplyDelete