I'm still here. Really.
Had a very full, very busy, very run-all-over-the-place time the past 3+ weeks. I'm amazed at people's patience with me, amazed that they will follow my blundering steps off to yet another bus or train or cafe somewhere, amazed that they do all that and smile (!)... amazed and happy and thankful. We've had a really good month. :)
 |
| crazy shot but I like it. My green fleece blanket. ;) |
 |
| See this? Know what it is? Answer: An Oreos ad. Oh- you could tell? Well, OK. Here's what it says: Twist it, Lick it, Dunk it. Oh me, Oh my. Oreos are here and we are glad! ;) |
 |
| Hoping to see this Monkey tomorrow. She's full of vim and vigor and spit and fire. |
 |
| After an all night train, breakfast can be anything at all. Even instant mashed potatoes with onions and cream flavor. Especially when the train gets in at 5.30. Yawn. |
 |
| It was a foggy day in the foothills of the mountains. Foggy and beautiful. |
 |
| This bridge gave me the creeps. |
 |
| What to do with those old in-ground fuel tanks? Haul them up, clean them out and use them for outbuildings. In a village on the Black Sea, someone turned one of these into a house. ;) |
 |
| The day (and the area) really was beautiful. This bridge gave me the creeps, too. It's for cars. And is in use. And the 2 girders on the near end are completely buckled. The bridge is held up by 2 tree trunks. |
 |
| How they put up hay in these parts. ;) |
 |
| Favorite shot of the day. 2 liars' benches and a table under the tree. Waiting for the sunshine and some leaves on the tree. |
 |
If you want to make really good garlic bread, start by pressing the garlic and then mashing it with salt (if you don't have a pestle, use a glass as demonstrated by T). Then, you mix that in with softened butter. And if you can't figure out what comes next, well... (hint- You'll need a knife...) The bread was delicious!
Now, we've had 2 quiet days. I had plans for 'doing stuff'- catching up and whatnot. I didn't. I just crashed. It was great. Now, we need to hit the road again! ;) |
You're right, the bridge would give anyone the willies. You look good for being up all night! And hooray for Oreos! We like double-stuff ones here. :-) Some day I hope to serve you garlic bread. I hope it's as good as yours...
ReplyDeleteHey, long time no... uh see?... uh hear?... uh how 'bout read! Anyway, good to see you posting again. I'm not sure that I miss having to use trains to travel. :)
ReplyDeleteGood to read you once again!
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't like that bridge either- it looks like a good setting for an Edgar Allan Poe story!
And that 5.30am potatoe breakfast?? sounds a little too salty for my taste, haha.
I like the fuel tank transformation you mention (into a building or house) -awesome!!
Keep warm...
I love those fog pictures! And those bridges--unbelievable! Where's the DOT?
ReplyDeleteOne more thing about the bridges--didn't they learn anything from the fall of the 35W Bridge? Wowee. Makes even the worst bridges here seem safe. I'll stop holding my breath when we cross them now!
ReplyDeletegood to 'hear' from you again!
ReplyDeleteAwesome pictures! Ditto on the bridge comments. Incredible!
ReplyDeleteGlad you're still percolating (sp?)
ReplyDeleteNifty pictures. Cartoons too. haha
I really like your blog. There's a nice blend of humor, pictures of how things really are and all kinds of stuff that gives us a taste of your life there.
ReplyDeleteNow, I'm hungry for garlic bread.
-I'm definitely looking forward to that garlic bread Mrs Chairman! ;) Homemade all the way... oh yum!
ReplyDelete-I'm no fan of instant mashed potatoes at any time of day... except they were really good that day! ;)
-Well. Maybe they don't know about the 35W bridge... I'm guessing.