Is this an offer like the other one where you get a free book if you generate a certain amount of hits for them? How do you get those offers - I would love to do something like that. I mean not for Amish books necessarily, I would be more interested in health books... or children's books. Let me know, anything free is always exciting!!!!!
I checked it out, and now I'm wondering how I'm supposed to cut back on my computer time?!?! It was fascinating, at least the FIFTEEN MINUTES worth of material I read!
@Miss-no, this is more like an unsolicited plug from me for his book. I've been following his blog for quite awhile now and he's a good writer.His book is due to be published soon and can now be pre-ordered at Amazon for less than full price. I often get asked about the Amish and thought it was a good opportunity for people wo are interested to get an accurate account of one person's experience. The other thing where I actually managed to win that encyclopedia was just a drawing- I didn't do anything except post the link. I knew about the contest because I follow (in Google Reader) the guy's blog. I guess you just have to find a site or 2 that you like and follow them and you might run into a contest! ;) @Susan- I like his style of writing although I wouldn't say I necessarily agree with everything he says. He posts about once evet 2 weeks. What he wries about Amish is always interesting.
I read the first couple of chapters and found it quite interesting. It makes me want to read the rest of the book. Wonder if our library will be getting it. I prefer to use the library for books unless I'm going to read them over and over again.
Mom ordered a bunch! Yay! Maybe you can borrow one of hers, Adina? ;) It will be a good book, I think. Not just a 'warm and fuzzy' take but the real live experience of someone.
Is this an offer like the other one where you get a free book if you generate a certain amount of hits for them? How do you get those offers - I would love to do something like that. I mean not for Amish books necessarily, I would be more interested in health books... or children's books. Let me know, anything free is always exciting!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI checked it out, and now I'm wondering how I'm supposed to cut back on my computer time?!?!
ReplyDeleteIt was fascinating, at least the FIFTEEN MINUTES worth of material I read!
@Miss-no, this is more like an unsolicited plug from me for his book. I've been following his blog for quite awhile now and he's a good writer.His book is due to be published soon and can now be pre-ordered at Amazon for less than full price. I often get asked about the Amish and thought it was a good opportunity for people wo are interested to get an accurate account of one person's experience. The other thing where I actually managed to win that encyclopedia was just a drawing- I didn't do anything except post the link. I knew about the contest because I follow (in Google Reader) the guy's blog. I guess you just have to find a site or 2 that you like and follow them and you might run into a contest! ;)
ReplyDelete@Susan- I like his style of writing although I wouldn't say I necessarily agree with everything he says. He posts about once evet 2 weeks. What he wries about Amish is always interesting.
I read the first couple of chapters and found it quite interesting. It makes me want to read the rest of the book. Wonder if our library will be getting it. I prefer to use the library for books unless I'm going to read them over and over again.
ReplyDeleteMom ordered a bunch! Yay! Maybe you can borrow one of hers, Adina? ;) It will be a good book, I think. Not just a 'warm and fuzzy' take but the real live experience of someone.
ReplyDelete