Wednesday, November 28, 2007

You can never...

...have too many socks for the trip... I realized at V's house last week that I'd packed socks twice; it was so cold though, that I wore them all over the course of 5 days.
...have too many Rice Krispie treats. Made some last night- had 'em for breakfast. That's Trude looking happy to be holding both mine AND hers...
and here's me with what's left in the pan! Haha! They were yummy!

Quick update: left last Weds- night train to Chernivtsi (the L'viv-Chernivtsi trains have never won prizes); Thur through Fri am with V & L out in the mountains- lovely, great to see them...and icy cold. Fri most of the day on buses. Saw D in KP- he was sick but cooked supper for us anyway. On to Letichiv for the night- T had been there and built a fire, so it was warm...ahhh! Water already off, though, so just went to bed! Left there Mon am and got back here about 4pm... got a burning urge to do laundry right away- I love washers!

We're leaving in ummmm, 20 min. 20 min?! Yikes... 'bye!

and thanks, everyone, for eating all that pumpkin and pecan pie for me...and turkey and dressing, too, I hope. T'day was never so fun! or vicarious! :-)




8 comments:

  1. Hi. Found your blog! I'll be checking up on you. Always love to see/hear about those in other lands. Our hearts hold you close. Duane, Linda, Rayna, Trevor, and Mira

    ReplyDelete
  2. On occasion, Mom used to make us fresh rice krispie bars for breakfast when we were at home. She figured we needed to eat something and they were just as good as sugar-coated cereal. Theo likes to remind me of this theory when he eats cookies for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure would love a rice krispie bar right now!! Your blog always makes me smile.... Sometimes we need a laugh or two. Think of you both often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha. on my blog there is a picture of me in front of a FIRE with a FLANNEL SHIRT on...the computer says it is 72 degrees F outside, but I DO NOT believe it...we just got back from Hawai'i yesterday and we are having a RATHER difficult time acclimating...it was about 50* last night and we thought we were in the artic...haha. I remember being at V's house in the Carpathians and it being EXTREMELY cold but it was so lovely to be there...thinking of you gals over there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to read your posts too. Always very interesting. evenabout socks or rice crispy bars.
    Love to hear about the travels and train rides etc too we can really enter in to the feeling. I saved the pictures to a file.send more

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anita

    I'm excited to be able to see your blog and learn how things are going over there. Karla is here showing me how to do this so you will be hearing from me now and then.

    Love
    Dave and Bonnie Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooo warm sox! Rice Krispie treats yum, but i guess there arent any left!! good to keep up. love, Karla

    ReplyDelete
  8. While we're on the subject of weight, it looks like you've lost some. (Not that U where heavy b4) Trude also it seems. I usually don't notice stuff like that.

    Someday I'll show U a picture of me on my blog and C if U think I lost also. Tvie brat, Dima

    ReplyDelete