Saturday, May 17, 2008

road repair and slippers

Coming back to the bache the other day, this is what I saw.
There have been major holes in the driveway area approaching the building... like cars all look like they're being driven by drunks as they veer left and right trying to avoid the holes. A common 'fix' is this- someone has ripped out tile- off of a wall? off of a floor? don't know, but the chunks of cement attached to the back of the pieces of tile are sizeable. They take this tile and break it up and fill in the holes... there you go. Smooth as silk... as a sea of glass... almost.

Then, zipping through the supermarket 2 seconds from Fred and Sally's, getting trip food, I screech to a halt on my way to the cash register... Look at these slippers! I just sort of fell in love with them (and I needed new ones- mine are tattered; although NOT shedding chunks of sole yet, *cough cough*); they had my size, my color... those are my feet in 'em! And, they're cool- the soles are cork- as Trude says- when you're feet want to stink, this great natural material won't pass the stink on... or something like that... in other words, they don't make your feet stink...

4 comments:

  1. i SO enjoy your blog ~ you never fail to make me smile. !! Enjoy your visit with I.S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cough cough...you're probably choking on cork chips

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, CA-UTE slippers!!!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are way to cute, way to you! love the sox too!

    ReplyDelete