The past 2 weeks have been fairly tense, for the most part, although there have been plenty of 'down' moments in that time. Things worked out just fine for the others- you already know that. Now, it's my turn... uff-da... and so, well, right now I need a mental health break- so I'm here (as in the blog) for a few minutes. I'm in Western Ukr working on my own papers- have run my (short) legs off several times tracking down people; Fri was a holiday (Victory Day) so nothing was open. Had hoped to go see Tanya for the weekend- but there were no return tickets- so stayed put. Nice to have a bit of time with A here in town- fish soup (remind me to tell you about that sometime) with her family yest afternoon. Today's when things sort of hopped- but as is so often the case here, the initial leap was great- with a totally unimpressive dead landing and no more forward motion. Saw the University people today (pointed out errors on their paperwork- go back tomorrow to get it); zipped up north to the city where I'll need to register- office is only open Tues, Thurs, Sat- and No, no way to check from here- I tried the web and a phone #- no luck. Just go up there and find out. Fine. I did.Tomorrow: go back to Univ, get the vital paperwork, go back north to other city and... (this is the fun part...hahaha) initiate contact with the immigration people. Oh yuck. Oh double yuck... unless they've totally changed their spots since the last time I saw them. In fact- pass the nerve pills, please. I don't think I'll be needing any coffee- except to ward off a headache. I'm wound tight as a spring right now. ;) It's a great life...if you've got good nerves. (That is a DRKP quote... I wonder if she ever reads this- you there DeAnotchka?)After that? If things don't work with the dear folks up north? Well- flea (oh- I mean flee... well, I mean leave- go see TC... try there... and if that doesn't work- Ha! an EU vacation... well, not a vacation- but the summer spent somewhere other than here...)
No stress... none at all... nope...
I lie... fib... prevaricate...
But, I'm actually far more relaxed about the summer part of it. That unknown I'm at peace with. What is churning my tummy right now is the people tomorrow. So. Now you know.
Back to work on the paperwork I have to get together for tomorrow.
(And, I'm packed- except for my dirty laundry- you impressed? Packed for the summer, kids.)
(They say that if you see any differences at all in these 2 dolphins, you need a vacation immediately- beaches, mountains, cabins in the woods- something.)

Arggh! Well I guess I need a vacation too since I saw a cow!
ReplyDeleteMe too!!! Hey all the best the next few days! Sure know that feeling alright. i have til Aug now then will have to check out for a spell!
ReplyDeleteman i'm glad you're in your dilema as it is such good reading to have you wound up so tight.
ReplyDeletein all seriousness, i hope it works as it should... and it will.
good luck with all that. sounds complicated. thanks for all your comments on my blog! =)
ReplyDeleteYou'll get out and in no problem. See you at Bilo in early July.
ReplyDeleteYou wouldn't believe it anteater, but I see both Dolpins this year on your photo!!!
i need a vacation
ReplyDelete