Friday, October 12, 2012

WW I

It will soon be 100 years since the start of World War I. I've been reading some interesting (way more interesting than history class ever was) articles about the things that led up to WW I.
Time magazine recently had an interesting post on the first Balkan War.

Time's photoessay.

And Mental Floss magazine (blog posts) has been doing a series of articles.

Did you know that during the first Balkan War aircraft was used for the first time for offensive military action? And, I think I read it was also the first time to see trenches used during combat.

3 comments:

  1. huh? ok I'll do it again, what I said was, 'inspired me to read up on it'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! Inspired to read up for sure. I'm going to pass these links along to Craig, too. I think he'd find them interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been loving the history mini lessons! :)

    ReplyDelete