Saturday, October 27, 2012

Slow Cooker Granola (and a few other things)- so many reasons to grin!

About a month ago, someone gave us a crock-pot. Really and truly. We were grinning so big we couldn't see to walk. No kidding.
It works great for baked beans.
It works great for soup.
And today, I'm finding out if it also works great for granola (click here for the recipe I modified) (I'm thinking it will). 
I can't stop grinning! :)

The heat's on. Yes. We have heat. As of last Wednesday...so- about 10 days already. 

The little hut in the courtyard of our cluster of apartment buildings has a wizard occupying it. I mean a shoe repair guy. But he is a wizard. Yes He Is. Thank you Mr Shoe Repair Man- my boots are fantastic!

After 1 month of visiting the torture chamber gym next door (Pilates and aggressively ferocious stretching yoga) I can actually do some of the things. Wheeee. 

We had pancakes for lunch. With cottage cheese. Oh Yum.

And we still have leftover baked beans in the fridge. Oh Yum Again. 

(And- we're supposed to have snow beginning tomorrow through Tues.)

And I hope you're smiling, too!! 
 

5 comments:

  1. So many things to smile about! It's always nice to hear good news from afar! Glad your boots are fixed before the snow. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I'm smiling! Your blog just makes me smile! And do cartwheels, and . . . (well, I think I could, anyway)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rob E told me that a cobbler in Mo fixed his shoes b4 he went to NZ/ Aus, guarenteed them. Fell apart about as soon as he got there. :-( Maybe the guarentee was only good in US! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! Well my boots are doing just fine still...and there was no guarantee!

      Delete