Friday, February 11, 2011

friendship, laundry tales, musings

Sorry. This just seemed sort of fitting for the weather and all the bugs that seem to be flying around. And we're not talking about insect bugs, either...
It would be a whole lot easier for most people to love them if the sounds were disabled. I've never really understood why the sound effects are such a great thing, actually. I had a very satisfying moment on a city bus in Odessa once. A couple of (approximately) 5th grade kids were clustered around one boy who was playing a game on his cell phone. Lots of little beeps and zings and weega weega weega's. After about 5 min, I went back to them and said quietly- You know, this is a bus and there are a lot of people on here. We all have to listen to those sounds and maybe a lot of people really don't like them. When you're in public, mute the sound. It's the nice thing to do. They were all big eyes and then they did it. Zap. Just like *that*. 
Since the advent of e-books and e-book readers and with lots of time spent on buses and trains... well, I have a lot of favorite books. I miss holding a book in my hands when I read... but e-books are pretty convenient when you travel and move all the time.
It was like that here last week and earlier this week. Temps soared above freezing and stayed there for days. All the snow and ice melted. Lots of mud. Everywhere. Especially inside the door of the apartment. It finally mostly dried out. (The stuff outside, that is... the inside stuff got wiped up again and again and again and... you get the picture.) Then yesterday, it dipped below freezing again. And today it's been snowing. All day. The 'small snow big snow' kind of snow. 
153 days... and counting! Plus- friends from across the water coming to see us! Yay! They should be in Europe already. And by Mon, we should be seeing them!! :)
V day is nearly here. I miss candy hearts and all the other fun Vday candy. This ad is from a year ago I think... please don't tell me you did this. Please...
Dontcha just love these guys?!

2 comments:

  1. I liked the eReader comic. Murray told me last weeks popular tweet on twitter was, "The battery is dying on my Kindle. Stupid future." Cracked me up. I love having a good book in my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cute comment all right! ;)

    ReplyDelete