Nope- just busy. Really busy. Summer, after all, is the busiest time of all.
- Finished off with lots of rain and lovely days in Poland.
- Flight from Warsaw to Moscow via Riga- some airlines now charge at the check-in desk if you don't check in online. Good thing. Only as I was printing off my boarding pass the night before the flight did I realize I'd been mistaking the time of arrival to Riga for my departure time from Warsaw. Whoops. I'm not an airhead. No really, I'm NOT. I'm not not not... (not always)...
- There's something special about seeing Moscow when it's -35 C... it's even better in the summer! ;)
- We have preps kids. Many. They're great. This year's crew gets so much done in 20 min that we'll all be lounging around drinking Coke and painting our toenails by the end of the week. I can't wait. ;)
- Ukr is the home of Roshen Chocolate. And is it ever good. Like really good. Like Eat-your-heart-out-Hershey's good. And does it ever taste good with pretzels. Oh yum. (I'm just going by what I hear of course...)
- People always ask: What are some traditional American foods? (Because there are many traditional Ukr'n dishes.) And I never know what to say- they seem to vary from family to family. Today I made baked beans- beans, onions, mustard, brown sugar, molasses, ketchup (tomato stuff of all sorts, in fact) and ham/bacon (please- we don't have just what you're used to here!) on top- a huge hit. And if that isn't traditional American (along with hamburgers, of course), What is?
- My room
for once is a mess. Trude was in here with me until Sat... then she pulled up stakes for parts West... so for 1 blissful week I am the sole denizen of this nest room. It's great lonesome... and messy... and about to get cleaned up! ;)

sandals from a Ukr'n village. Take cord of some sort and weave back and forth across the top of your foot and through the loops on each side. I so want to try some! But these are sort of for display...

It rained. A lot. An awful lot. On and on. We
walked sloshed off to Mika's house. Through the muck. Lillian fell. I did, too. Wow.
Thanks for the Crocs, Mom! (Ok- let's just be honest here- I fell way more 'fallier' than Lillian- I went Whap. And missed a cow pie by mere centimeters. Everyone laughed. Even me. But I sure got up in a hurry.)

Moscow has Dew! ;) (So does Warsaw, come to think of it. Ukraine, get your act together!) ;)

Sleeping in somebody's slippers is great if you're small with a tail and 4 legs...
and if the slippers are in the sun and your belly's full.
I thought "down a hole" was going to be about the mouse in the Saran wrap!
ReplyDeleteI want to hear about the mouse in Saran wrap! The kitty is super cute. And... I can't wait to see workers in Europe with painted toenails!
ReplyDeleteHey, glad you resurfaced. Granted, I've seen your tracks on other blogs. The kitten pic is cute.
ReplyDeleteUmmm, I don't want you to buy me a pair of those sandals. In the picture they somehow resemble woven cockroaches! Yuck.
ReplyDeleteMtn Dew. Can you say stomach ache? I guess a little won't hurt.
Glad preps are/is going well. Is "preps" singular or plural? I guess that depends on how many you participate in, huh?!!
Missed you at tea time!
glad to read you again!
ReplyDeletethat jelly bean background is just totally...cool...and awesome...and i love it!!
i thought the same as Mimi- the sandals look like coakroaches! ;)
and that kitten is sooo cute.
I've missed you. We love your crocs. Go moms!!!
ReplyDeleteMimi would have laughed as you fell and fell herself, laughing, as she tried to help you up!! You know how she is about people falling. :-)
We were 57 degrees this morning in Wisconsin. What??? Yeah. Even the dog hurried through his business and came back in the warm house.
Have a ducky day!
Awww! Love the kitten pic! Oh, and love your jelly bean background!!! Hi from KS! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteI read everything & enjoyed it but then the kitty picture... And I all I think to write is "AWW, cute kitty"!!
ReplyDeleteadorable kitty!:0) glad to hear of your travels...;0)
ReplyDeletemiss you! love love your new background! yummm! keep on pursuing!
ReplyDeleteThanks for all slippers-look-like-cockroaches comments! ha! I still want some!
ReplyDeleteMouse story is up!
mimi- a little is the key! A little goes a long way these days!