The kiddos were dropped off by Dad at 9 last Saturday. They came in happily singing something about "...going to the zoo, zoo, zoo; what about you, you, you?" Ok- so we've got willing participants for the day's adventures. at least at the beginning!
up the escalator at the metro station. Make careful note of that purse on Little B's shoulder. She loved it; came in proudly carrying it- Dad takes T aside ASAP and says- you might want to dig around in B's purse- their passports and money are in there. We took custody of the passports and money. Little B kept the candy and juices. At the end of the day, when we were getting off the tram at Amy's stop, Little B suddenly says Where's my little bag? And no one had a clue. I honestly had no idea if it had been minutes or hours since I'd last seen that darling bag. :( At least the drinks and candy had long been consumed by then. And it was some good candy- Mambas- enough for all of us to have a package! Thanks, S! :)
This shot was irresistible. He stood there. I shot. What can I say?
Tuna salad for lunch. Amy picked out the ingredients- a real plus to have the kids' former nanny make that decision. When we said what was for lunch, A immediately did a happy dance. With corn? he asked. Yes, I said. Another round of Happy Dance. It was big hit!
H is a born daredevil. He's standing on a disc that rotates when it's pushed- sort of like a merry-go-round, if you remember what that is/was. Most of the kids were content to sit, hang on or walk beside it. Not H- he immediately found a way to make it interesting.
Not to be outdone, Big Bro A comes over. But it's scarier than it looks when Mr DareDevil is doing it. Come ON, A- Get going...
and a graceful dismount
Little B wants in on the game. (I thought this was where the purse was lost... but it shows up in later pix... It was either the powdered sugar-topped waffle stop or the cotton candy stop. Must have gotten left at one of the tables. )All in all, it was a great day. The kids were troopers- they walked and walked and walked. They were fun. They were cute, entertaining, happy, overjoyed by unexpected things (the brownies, small suckers (lollipops), tuna salad).
The next day, asked Dad if they were tired that night. Yes, he said. And cranky as caught cats.
heh heh Well, it was a good day! :)
And F, S, A, H and B? I'm going to miss you! A lot!! xo
Thanks for letting us know about your wonderful day.
ReplyDeleteFun to see! Those kids are kinda related to me...well kinda sorta....my aunt is married to F's uncle... so we have mutual cousins...it's a small world! :)
ReplyDeleteSuch fun! I love a good zoo. Too bad the kids sort of out grow it after a while...
ReplyDeleteadorable kids! looks like u had a great time...next time u need a zoo outing, feel free to come on over!;0)
ReplyDeleteTraveller- I'm pretty sure that everyone in the UK is somehow related to just about everyone else! ;)
ReplyDeleteHeather- OK! Get the kids' shoes on! ;)