Sunday, July 4, 2010

What I Miss


This is the most special time of year, hands down. I wouldn't want to miss it for anything... which is a good thing because I do miss being in the US for the 4th of July. But I'm glad to be here! We have visitors, we have 80% preparedness (as far as blankets, pillows, sheets and towels go)... we are nearly there!

But in the meantime- Happy July 4th! Happy Independence Day! Have a picnic and watch some fireworks for me! We sang the National Anthem and sent each other sms'es. The rest is up to you! xo ;)

10 comments:

  1. Happy 4th, Anita! As it turns out, we didn't get to do anything holiday-like yesterday. No picnic, no fireworks (except for my brother's Sat eve). Strange the way it fell on the weekend. Most people have off today but not us! There will be some fireworks in the area tonight but I guess I don't want to go by myself. Glad to hear your preps are going well. We'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strange. Last night I watched the fireworks and got all teary, thinking about our citizens in other countries and how they'd love to see the patriotic display! I also thought about how special the fireworks would have been the first year after WW11 was over.

    Am I getting old and sappy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We watched fireworks last night - parked in the High School parking lot, as the firewerks were shot off from the rodeo arena. Tail gates down, brother dipping homemade icecream for the family, lawn chairs set up for various members of the family, some kids covering up their ears, some kids running around, adults watching the beautifully lit up sky. All of us proud to be Americans. Remembering those who have fought for the freedoms we enjoy. Doens't get much more American than that! Big hug to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs to you! While we are celebrating the freedom of our country, you are spreading word about a freedom that is way more than any of us can fully comprehend. Glad to hear your preps are going well. It will soon be prep time here as well. We enjoyed a picnic and games with some of the friends on Saturday, but nothing exciting otherwise. Tis a rainy 4th and 5th, so not even sure how many fireworks will actually boom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We ate hamburgers and watched fireworks for you! I hope you appreciate it, 'cause it was a hard job! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had a fun 4th. AM gathering, noon potluck, PM gathering, potluck at Kerry & Darla M, fireworks in NR, Dave & Dawn M were there. Hope you have a wonderful & fruitful time in the near future. My father-in-law, who is living with us, is going to Emo with our son & fam. Not sure who else from this area.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there friend...Finally catching up on some un-read blog posts.
    Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad I'm not the only one behind, Maxine. My comment hiatus lasted longer than I hoped it might.

    It's little things like this that I can't imagine about being away from the U.S., Anita. We take it for granted. We actually didn't get to see an organized display this year. We were all too tired of traveling by the 4th to think about going anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Life is busy but just stopping by to say Hi!!! Ski show is coming up. That seems to be the midpoint of summer for us. Missed fireworks this year. It was raining and and we had company with a little one. First time we missed fireworks in years. Hope you have special days there. Wouldn't mind seeing a few pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course, the fireworks and fun (which is what I really miss) is all secondary to the real reason for the holiday.
    I really did appreciate all those hamburgers and fireworks, Sandy!
    Thanks for all your little blips of info! Was great to be there with you for a minute!

    ReplyDelete