Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sneaky cell phone pix

It was fascinating to sit across from these 2 on the metro the other day. The man on the left did most of the talking. And he had his eyes closed most of the time. His speech was sincere, deliberate and emphatic but he never raised his voice. To hear him, you'd have thought he was talking to his son who was about to get married... or to a young astronaut about to step out of the space shuttle for his first space walk. Instead the conversation was about car repair or ice fishing or some such thing. Heidrun stood by them until the fumes about knocked her out. They were just drunk enough to know all the world's problems and to know just how to gently solve them all... none of which was more serious than their most recent ice fishing trip. Being drunk must be pleasant in such a case... Should I try it for tomorrow? Like about 1:20 PM? I'll bet it wouldn't solve my problem... Or make my life pleasant...

3 comments:

  1. Drunks aren't supposed to be on the metro. R U really sure they were?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd opt for staying sober. I think a person would have so much more fun don't you? And no hangover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhhh Life is sweet when so well-illused (I'm sure that's a word...)
    Wendy- I'd opt for the piano! ;)

    ReplyDelete