Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Oh the pillows?

Well yes,  I've been working on those pillows. As sometimes happens,  our plans for today were canceled. Everyone's looking out for the army these days and today was some big something or other to raise funds for the army. So people did that instead of come to our place. So I spent a good part of the afternoon working on this pillow. It's simple, yes I know. It has piping,  though. Some I made this time. And,  uh, it took me awhile to find the right presser-foot for the sewing machine and then to find the right cording for the piping (Are you taking note, Charlene?! You're absolutely right, It's The Piping!!)



Plus there was a simple square feather pillow to do (it needed a new casing as well as a new cover). And then there was the fun little new pillow! For a long time,  there  have been  four little, basically useless, tiny roundish neck-type pillows floating around this room. Noone ever used them and,  like everything else,  they matched nothing. K latched onto the foam one when she saw what kind peril it was in; I nabbed the other three  and had a party! One was regular fiberfill batting; one was  stuffed with puffy poly fiber balls; the last was stuffed with what looks like the hulls from something like millet. I made a casing,  put it all inside,  mooshed it around to a pleasant consistency and sewed it shut... and then made the cover. There 
are two more to go. :-)   

3 comments:

  1. DIY and minimalism in their truest sense. These photos make me think of my grandmother's home. She could spend next to nothing, use little things acquired here and there and make anything cozy. And it brought her JOY to do it. Love seeing glimpses of your space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo....look at the piping on that pillow! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put piping on so many pillows when I was working for a lady that made drapes, I never want to sew piping again!

    ReplyDelete