Every week we spend time with our always interesting, very special and somewhat eccentric friend Dima. His big thing for several years now has been gathering and drying many different plants and then making various tinctures, extracts and teas which he consumes himself and also generously shares with interested parties. (Aside: It's his "fireweed extract" that has significantly diminished my migraines. Hooray!)
He's also a huge fan of cottage cheese-based fruit smoothies for supper (Delicious!), mutton (Also Yum although four+ meals a week of it is a bit much maybe) and homemade raw fresh-squeezed fruit juices. His latest juice love is mixing various fruit juices with the juice of an onion. All freshly squeezed (or maybe "pressed" or "squashed" are better choices; I'm not sure you can "squeeze" an onion...) So, in spite of not liking raw onions at all (because they really really upset my stomach and leave me feeling queasy and yucky for hours), because I'm a sucker and he's a good salesman, I tried a spoonful of it. Apple, pear and onion. And felt rotten all night. I don't exactly recommend it. Ugh.
Monday, September 15, 2014
Gulp
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
haa..i would love to meet this concocter of concoctions...but, maybe not drink his onion drinks..eww!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like Dotty, in the Thrush Green books, by Miss Read.
ReplyDelete