I have some pix to eventually post but they're still being held hostage on my phone!
I wrote about seeing my sister's kids for the first time. I have a brother who has 2 boys. And I've seen them, too!
The first thing I always notice about those 2 boys is how blonde they are. Especially the little guy. We've had some blondies in our family (my sis, in fact, does) but none are quite as blonde as Owen. And his white-blonde hair and gorgeous eye lashes punched me in the heart yet again. He's tall for his age and very quiet for the most part. But he's a little clown and loves to make you laugh. And then there's Forrest, the big brother. And his cow lick. Honestly, it's the most amazingly beautiful cow lick. And if ever there was the perfectly placed cow lick, his is that one. Just off center in his hairline high on his forehead. I had to make myself not touch it constantly. I mean- who wants Auntie constantly caressing their hairline? No one, likely.
When Ken and Miss arrived that first Sat am, I was blown away by their tall 'little' boys. They were quiet at first but got down to the business ofroughhousing playing with their cousins fast enough. But they had big hugs for Auntie first!
I just spent the weekend with them.
Owen's voice is this soft low gravelly sound. He sounds older than he is. He's a sweet boy. He reminds me of a little hobbit- bravely following the big people but not quite sure he's ready to be where they are but very sure he doesn't want to be left behind so on he goes! And those eyelashes. Oh My Goodness. (Did I already mention them?) You've not seen eyelashes quite that long and gorgeous in a long time, I'm pretty sure!
Forrest loves Elvis, has a bit of a twang when he talks (not exactly but there's this 'something' in his voice- it cracks me up).
O & F have a cousin whom I've known since he was born. He's always been a big kid. When he was 3 1/2, he was working back in the salads with us at Menomonie and people thought he was 6. In the 2nd grade maybe. (He's 16 now and everyone still thinks he's older than he is but that's beside the point!) Well... 'my' little Forrest. My little nephew. The very first there was (for me). My Forrest is taller at the age he is now than his cousin was at the same age. Gulp. I'm not really ready for this. These are my babies. My little brother's kids. And I don't want people to think they're 21 when they're just barely 16. I don't want them to look 5 years older than the little kid that they are. I want them to be little kids for a lot longer yet, thank-you-very-much. Ok. 'Nuff of that.
It was soooo nice to be with these 2 again. To see them play hard and get dirty and dusty and in need of a bath-y. To laugh with and at them. To smother them in chocolate and hot cinnamon! :) And I'm hoping to do it all again very soon!! xo
I wrote about seeing my sister's kids for the first time. I have a brother who has 2 boys. And I've seen them, too!
The first thing I always notice about those 2 boys is how blonde they are. Especially the little guy. We've had some blondies in our family (my sis, in fact, does) but none are quite as blonde as Owen. And his white-blonde hair and gorgeous eye lashes punched me in the heart yet again. He's tall for his age and very quiet for the most part. But he's a little clown and loves to make you laugh. And then there's Forrest, the big brother. And his cow lick. Honestly, it's the most amazingly beautiful cow lick. And if ever there was the perfectly placed cow lick, his is that one. Just off center in his hairline high on his forehead. I had to make myself not touch it constantly. I mean- who wants Auntie constantly caressing their hairline? No one, likely.
When Ken and Miss arrived that first Sat am, I was blown away by their tall 'little' boys. They were quiet at first but got down to the business of
I just spent the weekend with them.
Owen's voice is this soft low gravelly sound. He sounds older than he is. He's a sweet boy. He reminds me of a little hobbit- bravely following the big people but not quite sure he's ready to be where they are but very sure he doesn't want to be left behind so on he goes! And those eyelashes. Oh My Goodness. (Did I already mention them?) You've not seen eyelashes quite that long and gorgeous in a long time, I'm pretty sure!
Forrest loves Elvis, has a bit of a twang when he talks (not exactly but there's this 'something' in his voice- it cracks me up).
O & F have a cousin whom I've known since he was born. He's always been a big kid. When he was 3 1/2, he was working back in the salads with us at Menomonie and people thought he was 6. In the 2nd grade maybe. (He's 16 now and everyone still thinks he's older than he is but that's beside the point!) Well... 'my' little Forrest. My little nephew. The very first there was (for me). My Forrest is taller at the age he is now than his cousin was at the same age. Gulp. I'm not really ready for this. These are my babies. My little brother's kids. And I don't want people to think they're 21 when they're just barely 16. I don't want them to look 5 years older than the little kid that they are. I want them to be little kids for a lot longer yet, thank-you-very-much. Ok. 'Nuff of that.
It was soooo nice to be with these 2 again. To see them play hard and get dirty and dusty and in need of a bath-y. To laugh with and at them. To smother them in chocolate and hot cinnamon! :) And I'm hoping to do it all again very soon!! xo
I am sure the little kids brought the kid out in you again too :)
ReplyDeleteoh to be smothered in chocolate and hot cinnamon!
ReplyDeleteCatching up on blogs this morning... and had a fun read through yours. First order of business for you = catching up with your little people! :) They change the most while you're gone.
ReplyDelete