Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Good days

Packed up a duffle bag the other day and caught a train. Headed west. All night. Stu wanted to go,too. Caught him trying to sneak into the duffle bag. (I suspect Phyllis was egging him on but it's not for me to just say.) So I turfed him out. Somebody's got to stay back and water the plants.
So we took off. It's great over here. Snowy? Yup. Cold? Yup. Waiting for a bus the other day, met this dog sneaking into bus station and off down a back corridor. He was looking chilled. And like he didn't want to be seen.
Had a great weekend. Special visitors, special times, special special special

Suniday night always makes me think of popcorn... found some at a local supermarket- got the last 2 packages.

Then came on to another place. Our Kyiv kids are visiting here. One found a harmonica. Smells just like ours, he said. (Sounds like theirs, too, in fact.)

No idea in what order the pix will post, but maybe you can figure it out.

7 comments:

  1. That boy reminds me of Forrest... same color of hair/complexion and lean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved reading your post this morning! I'm glad someone else has trouble with cotton critters trying to slip into their suitcases! Good to think of you having special days! jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. popcorn looks good! I haven't had breakfast yet.
    Glad you're having good days. We had a special day on Sunday. Now we look forward to April/May for more of the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're having good days! Good luck keeping those critter outta' your suitcase! You might should look for a good exterminator. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stopping by to say hello! Thanks for sharing the pic of the kid with the harmonica!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that dog at the bus station looks a lot like the one I've seen on the route many a time, he too always looks a bit cold, poor fishy! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miss- hmm- I'll have to take a closer look at my Il buddy! Maybe he does look a bit like Forrest! ;)
    jo- ;)
    Jenny- Had all the popcorn I wanted tonight! Love it!
    Amer Fam- We don't need any exterminator here just now, Oh No We Don't! ;)
    Diane- Ah yes, you'd appreciate that pic! Little bro just turned 10; Il turns 13 soon (and your D)... amazing...
    Mom- poor fishie indeed! Met one yesterday that I wanted to bring home! He was such a sweetie! Came and snuffled my boots and looked hopeful... proly wanted a snack more than a home, of course...

    ReplyDelete