I was a kid in the 80's. Occasionally on a Friday night, I'd go home with my friend Sondra whose big brother had fun stuff... like Atari and a computer with computer games (that is ALL we did with those things back then...what else was a computer for?! Come on...) It was always rather a competition, of course, trying to get to the computer... I was never any good at any of the games. Sondra and I never got much game time in, as I recall... after all, the stuff belonged to Mike... but we did play some Pac-Man... played it at school, too, on the school computers when we could get time on them.
Well- this real-live Pac-Man recreation is just too cool for an 80's kid/nerd like me! I guess it was inevitable that they'd eventually program a Roomba to do this... ;)
i looove pacman and am an old fan too...thanks for sharing that link, haha vacuum cleaners, some people are quite creative!!!
ReplyDeleteI didn't mess w/ games much, but computers in those days were used to learn how to do programming.
ReplyDeletewow - how cool is this! Glad you shared. We used to go to our neighbors to play. ;)
ReplyDeleteMy aunt had the first computer in our family that had pacman on it. A Radio Shack of some model or another, TRS-80? I can still remember the green screen... and all the hours we spend eating the dots. We were all amazed! Cool link.
ReplyDeleteyou've always been a good kid, Duane... not so some of the rest of us!
ReplyDeletetinydot- we had TRS-80's at school! I suppose they are dinosaurs for sure now, but we loved them!