Monday, May 18, 2009

headlights, tea and a cool dress

see this? this car? what's different here?
the wipers on the headlights. So is this common? I'll admit to not doing much with any cars these days...except walk around the parked ones and dodge the moving ones...so excuse me if this is a dumb question...
How to make tea in your hotel room:
there's the immersion heater (otherwise known as a coil heater)
fill your tea cup with water, immerse the heater (see- this is where the name comes from! Amazing, eh?) and plug it in
and then wait patiently...

beginning to bubble and boil here. (In fact it bubbled and boiled so hard right after this that I got splattered and accidentally dropped my phone - the camera, in other words- and it went skidding across the room.



after everything was safely unplugged and heater laid on a heat resistant something or other, the tea bag was added... and here's the tea! (speaking of tea- vital bit of trivia- there are 4 people living in this apartment...and none of them drinks coffee anymore... we drink tea... get it? Amazing, really... but I never even got a headache when I stopped... cold turkey even. Why? Just feels better, that's all.)

There's a Marks & Spencer about 20 min walk from the apt... where I recently saw (and surreptiously photographed) this dress... I'm trying to figure out what I need it for...there must be something...

4 comments:

  1. Love the tea process! And that dress does look interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tea paaaarty! that is the neatest cup of tea i've ever heard of!! how techy savvy and everything!! too fun! you really went to alot of effort!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, B says Volvo, Saab, Mercedes have used the headlight wiper thing on & off over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well- when you want tea and there's no restaurant or tea kettle- you do what you have to do! The dress however- price totally makes you leave it in the store, period. Not sure who's got that kind of money around here. There's an awesome seamstress nearby however who could maybe do something similar........
    and the car- I was showing someone the pic and he said the same thing, Julie, as B did- said it was a Volvo thing (in this case).

    ReplyDelete