There's a McDonald's downtown. Now- I have nothing against McD's, but it's not usually a treat, I realize that- but one thing you can say about McD's: You know what you're getting, you know what it's going to taste like and it's fast. And, in a strange town, McD's is like a Mecca for foreigners. So, we went. Had a fish sandwich and fries and orange juice.
Then got some groceries for the morning... And as we were heading back to our little luxury suite, I spotted a lady making and selling cotton candy. Huge portion, made while you wait- for 5 hryvan (about 64 cents). You know- I never have been able to turn down cotton candy. Melts in your mouth- you know- a handful collapses right down to about 5 crystals of sugar on your tongue and in your teeth. Leaves you desperately thirsty of course. Proly puts you 5 miles down the adult-onset diabetes road and leaves your pancreas gasping for mercy...but! Ahhhhh- for sheer happy simple delight- it's hard to beat. I have always loved the stuff...just can't help myself.
Wonder if it makes me any sweeter? Ha- good luck.
Monday, May 4, 2009
Cotton candy
Phyllis and I came to Cherkasiy this afternoon. 3 hours by bus. Not a bad trip really. Bus was only about 2/3 full- with decent shocks this time (the last time we made this trip, we jarred our bones loose, the bus was such a wreck). Got in, found a room at the train station. Most train stations have a half dozen rooms or so on the premises somewhere and they're generally quite reasonable. This one- let's see- it's the luxury suite, by the way- just thought that was worth mentioning- the room is small but 2 beds, decent furniture, has its own bathroom (the others don't); the bathroom is a smidgen less than clean and there's only a handful of TP (but- here's something- P brought her own, so we are all set!)...and it costs... (ready???) $18. As in Eighteen dollars. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Hi, Are you in Cherkassy visiting Rayisa's contacts? I'd be curious to know how it goes!
ReplyDeleteShe moved to Christchurch, NZ yesterday!
Anyway...keep us posted!
mmmmm...gotta love cotton candy!:0) it's been a LONG time since i've had any...but it's oh so good esp when fresh! reasonably priced there, too...along with the luxury suite...;0)
ReplyDeleteLuigi- I missed that one and I'm sorry; do you have an email add for her?
ReplyDeleteHeather- cotton candy is the luxury suite...lol