Trude and I went up north- great- I haven't been there in... umm... likely more than 2 years, but that long ago- info has been lost, so I can't be sure.
We saw some special people:
N and little Sasha, 20 mos old with Down's Syndrome- she'll soon be walking, she howls when company leaves and truly is like the sunshine... so's her mom.
V- if all little boys were this sweet, they'd quit making girls! ha!
T&V and their 2 kids- T came up to spend Sun with us as well; they're in their new house and it's... well, it's just perfect. Modern kitchen (that's a big deal, really); indoor toilet and shower/bathtub (ditto the big deal) with a washer (triple ditto the big deal); pantry; little boy's room (doubles as a guest room); computer room/den/family room (whatever you want to call it- will likely eventually be little girl's room as well); mom and dad's room; living room (the pride and joy of the whole house as this is where we have our time together with the family and they love it and so do we; also doubles as 2nd guest room).
There were others too but these were the highlights.
Between stops and before and after (is there a difference? seemed like it to me) were hours of bus riding. People pile on and pile on and on and on till there are more standing in the aisle than seated... and then the ones from the back start having to wiggle down the aisle, over and around 1 body at a time (watch out for purses and elbows that don't always seem to know what is their space and what's your space)- oh yes, they're wiggling cause they need to get off the bus. And let me just say that we had seats the whole way (except maybe 20 min of 1 trip) so we were among the lucky ones; let me also just say that the bus situation is so much improved from even 7 years ago as to hardly be worth mentioning. Still it evokes comments like this one from Trude: I have a valid CA driver's license! Why am I on a BUS?!
Coming back yest to our apt, we dove into the sandwiches that Elaine had made for us (she's a mom through and through, one of the best- I hope to 'introduce' her and Max later)- those sandwiches were for lunch- but at approximately 9.20 am I understood that my sandwich was destined to perish spectacularly and for a worthy (I'm sure) cause long before then... Elaine still holds the honor of being the best sandwich maker I know!
We also memorably forgot about Daylight Savings Time ending (in Europe) this weekend- so, we were up at 5 am 'new time'... not my choice but it did make for a nice LOOOONNNNNGGGG morning...
yay a blog!! i love eht!! now i can leave annoying comments to let you know we miss you!! like this one: our peanut butter is better!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you ladies are doing well. Intereting to hear of places where I was last year and other years. Ya, I'm in the blog generation also. Good to get updates somehow, someway. Keep up the good work. Tvie brat, Dima
ReplyDeleteAfter reading the soup recipe, I wondered if Dan made some (without scorching)????
ReplyDeleteFound your blog off of my cousin's blog. So glad to find this so we can be updated--we think of you often.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Trent and Jodelle
It is great to read your blog! I might try that soup sometime too... :)
ReplyDeleteAnteater!!!
ReplyDeleteSteppin' it up to the blog generation, I'm so proud. sniffle.
Miss ya girlie - hank! hank!
~Manders
I'm so glad you are doing a blog!!! It is such fun...I love to hear stories about Ukraine, so be sure to tell lots!!! Thinking of you girls over there.
ReplyDeleteHi Anita! Found your blog off my cousins. We think of you often! Happy birthday! Arnold, Sheila and kids
ReplyDeleteHey, great to hear. That recipe makes my mouth water already. I'll have to give it a try, minus the onions, for Rick. Think of you often. We'll see if I can get this blogger thing figured out now. :) Take Care.
ReplyDeleteJanice
Thanks for sending the link to the blog. Good to hear what your up to these days. Look forward to some good laughs from your blog...:) Lots of love
ReplyDeleteWhere are you painting on that blog picture? I sure hope you all didn't switch your bach again so soon and have to do another remodel job. Maybe you found something to paint at Bilo or KP? Good 4 u if you did. Your brother (just wonderin')
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to You!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for thinking of us. I've been thinking and have tried to do a blog........ maybe sometime it will work.
think of you often
D&W Swonger
Hi Anita!
ReplyDeleteSo far away yet it seems like we are so close through this...I miss your letters yet know that you MUST be busy! :) it will be neat to be updated on things! neato!!!
...and interesting e-mail name!!...anteater! hee hee...creative! miss ya...
Mariah
Linsy- you just THINK your pb is best...but just remember, we have some of Domenic's homemade here, so you really don't know our pb! so there!
ReplyDeleteDuane- yup, we're glad you were at some of those places- come see them again!
Kenny- looks like you know your subject! 'nuff said! ;)
Hey Trent and Jo- nice to see you!
Tammy- we nearly served you that soup- but had already served Max and Elaine soup once that day, so switched to lasagna
Hank hank yourself, Amanda! miss you too
hi Laura... I won't do this everytime! nice to see you! and I like your blog, too...did I tell you??
Sheila- great to see you! do I get pix of those cuties?!
Janice- hi! how're the (my!) boys?
Lana- yours was the first blog I ever saw! It's really all your fault! xoxo
Duane- do you really not remember the painting? think: 'professional' painters/spackelers/handymen that got fired when the job was over... KP 2004, D's
Hi Wanda! How's the little guy? Happy Bday to you, too!
Hi Sweet Mariah! Glad you came by! ;)
Oh ya, ic. The only ones that got fired that time were the fellows that took smokin' breaks and sat around askin' u sisters what we'd all do next if we got done so fast. They didn't realize that we were pushin' it, as usual, to get done in time. It sure was a good thing u all stopped in 2 paint everything (& cook).
ReplyDeleteBy the way I heard Viorel and co. stucco-ed that sleepin' building there at KP. Good deal.
Looking forward to following you around! Thanks for doing this for us!!
ReplyDelete