Thursday, October 25, 2007

soup for supper

Linda S gave me this recipe a year ago. I just made it 'by guess this time'. It's so yummy!


Saute (in butter or oil):
leek(s), chopped;
green onions, chopped ;
carrot, thinly sliced;
peppers, diced;
celery seed (or diced celery)

Cut up potatoes (as many as you want!) and boil til nearly tender and drain

Put milk in a kettle (I used 1 1/2 liters); add salt and pepper to taste and add a couple cups water and either chicken stock or a chicken bouillion cube
Add potatoes and sauteed veggies
Simmer (careful about scorching!) until potatoes are fully cooked

Chill soup and puree

Now for the really good part!
Grate blue cheese, as much as you like- I used 300 grams in this quantity of liquid, which gave the soup a mild taste; more is even yummier! **Make sure cheese is cold or it will smear

Reheat soup on med flame, careful not to scorch; when it's good and hot, add the cheese, stirring constantly until cheese is melted

10 comments:

  1. Hello! Yum what a little cook you are :) Sarah gave me your site today :) Nice to know that we can keep in touch now :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ye haw! My dearly loved Anita! So great to hear from you! Thank you , Thank you! Think of you so often, so it is so nice to hear from you! would you like to go for a walk and bikeride again some time......teeehhheeee! Love ya! Darla and the rest

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya I really did say that, there was a grandma almost in my lap for most of the trip, that never happens when I drive in California...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm. Somehow I cn imagine both of you on that bus up north!! Yes, I do believe that T. said that about her license!! Somethings it's just not hard to imagine! Esp. if you've been there.
    Good to hear from ya.
    Special greetings to you both
    Time to go. Keep it up.
    Does T have a blog yet??
    Just me - Dianochka

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Anita,
    Thanks for adding us, and I love it. I figured it out, so disregard the email. Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting how they're going on about Truder's CA driving under your post about soup.?! They'll have to take my College blogging class sometime!

    The soup idea is making me hungry, though. Keep your hands on the plow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to hear of your doings!! Neat site. love, Karla

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT to hear from you...I can kind of picture it all. What a great idea to blog. I would do it but I likely would be as good at that as I am at all other letter writing!! I woke up today at 9:30 after our busy days. Kim comes tomorrow...yeah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great!! We'll try to keep in touch, and check in ocassionally.
    Ken and Jane Hettich

    ReplyDelete
  10. well, this 'launch' was fun! thanks to all of you for popping in...and don't stop!

    Let's see, Questions:
    dr Payne (because that's how it hit me at first! you're laughing, I know!) No, I don't think T has a blog yet- she's really busy trying to escape microsoft right now- looking into ubunto (linux) is taking any free time she has;
    Duane- yeah, blogging 101- not a bad idea for me, too

    It's really great to see you all here!

    ReplyDelete