Tuesday, October 6, 2015

For a few people.............



To the FitBit Peeps out there: Have you tried this? (It just seemed worth a go!)
I have a little pedometer- nothing so slick as the genuine fitbit dealy-bobber. But it counts steps. I don't wear it much. Not since I got 16,000 steps in 3 hours on a typical bus ride. 

I've seen a lot of shivery posts on facebook- the weather's turning cooler and a goosebump or 2 might appear from time to time. No complaints here, though. It's such a treat to not be sweating all the time. I'm in love with being able to move around outside without feeling like I've melted into a yucky puddle of grime and slime. And sleeping at night and needing a blanket! How fantastic! I tucked my duvet into it's cover today and am luxuriating in the bliss of needing a blanket and the duvet. Of wanting to snuggle into covers and pillows. 
Even the buses are mostly no longer hot. 
I like summer for the freedom of movement- my backpack is lighter because there's no need for a sweater or extra socks or long-sleeve anything; no coat to slow you down and take up space. Footwear is a cinch- sandals! In that respect, summer is a treat. 
But this weather- you can breathe again, you can exult in the feel of cool air on your skin. Walking everywhere is a treat again and not just something to endure. Ahhh fall, I do love you!!!

1 comment:

  1. I had lots of steps last week that were not earned due to a riding lawnmower! On a side note I'm a bit envious of a spring break trip in the works. Wish we were on that plane too! But if we go anywhere this year, it'll be to the land of tortillas and retried beans.

    ReplyDelete