Thursday, February 19, 2015

hello? hello? helloooooooo?

Just because it's been a LOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG time and so that you'll know there's still life here. ;)

I, uh, don't like it at all. Unless it's toasted in granola. Just because.
(But you're cute, Dolly, you are.)
 
Did I ever tell you about my co who could swallow a WHOLE handful of pills in one go...with one gulp of water...and one swallow? And how one time her hearing aid ended up in that pile of pills? And how she could even manage all the pills AND the hearing aid with one swallow of water? It's quite the story. And it's true. :) (And she was quite the lady- I miss her!)

6 comments:

  1. Hi. Darla Lester here. What a cool blog! Thanks for letting me stop by. :-) It's fun to immerse in a different culture, even if it's all online. Those two comics are perfect. Maybe because my kids (and I, of course) can relate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow- Hello there! How nice to hear from you! (Do your kids like raisins in their cookies?) ;)

      Delete
  2. I hope the battery wasn't in your co's hearing aid when she swallowed it! That might have called for something to help get things 'moving' a bit faster than normal! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, the battery WAS in. She said a few times 'I wonder if the little door is open or shut....' I couldn't get her to go to the doctor, though. It's quite a long (and entertaining) tale. In the end, the hearing aid people replaced it for free, of all things! But we had to type up an account of how it happened and have it notarized since she was too embarrassed to tell them over the phone how it happened!

      Delete
  3. The BEST way to eat oatmeal is in chocolate chip cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha! The hearing aid story sounds quite interesting. I can barely get one pill down at a time.

    ReplyDelete