

I was all checked-in and roaming around the back side of the airport...or the front side if you consider that all the plate glass windows are on that side. Small terminal, 1 place to get coffee, no place to get sandwiches, 1 place to get expensive drinking water but 3 places to get perfume, alcohol, tobacco and chocolates- and I see this little dude. With whom I fell in love back in Germany about 11 years ago. Oh my... and it's still yummy. My ear drums needed it on the flight, I can tell you. My poor virus affected underwater eardrums.
And then I was roaming a grocery store in Tallinn, Estonia, just to see what I could see. And I found this guy. Oh my. Almond and white chocolate granola bar. Take it from me, It is SOOO worth the calories!
I'm not sure this qualifies as a friend as I'm not all that fond of them, actually. But I was roaming another grocery store tonight when I realized I was looking at very familiar packaging. It put a grin on my face and made me feel sort of warm and fuzzy inside. Jelly candies from Roshen. Which is a Ukrainian confectionery. The best in the country as far as I'm concerned. And here they're selling it in Estonia! Mind you, Roshen chocolate is really where it's at. That stuff is so good, you'll never want Hershey's again if you get the chance to eat Roshen. Or at least that's what I think! ;)

what I wanted to say was you are making me homesick for a place that is not really my home, but I think it really is....
ReplyDeleteYeah, I know. Well don't spend too much energy being homesick for here because you'll be back! Soak up Gunnar and Charlie while you have the chance!! And those no-longer-little nephews!
DeleteOops- accidentally deleted your comment, Shelley! The granola bar and the chocolate are yummy and the jelly candies are pretty good, too...but I try to stay away from them as they are way full of sugar! ;)
ReplyDelete