Saturday, October 22, 2011

still here

A few people have asked if I'm still doing this blog while I'm 'home'. Heh. Well, the plan was Yes. But the reality is I find myself way too distracted a lot of the time. And... to top it all off. Jet lag? Nope. Not then. Culture shock? Nope. Not then. But now? Now I feel like I have it. In a big way. Today we spent out with a bunch of folks who had enough food to feed an army and then volleyball and football and lots of chatting by the likes of me and the mom-types. And I got totally overwhelmed. Felt like curling up somewhere with a blanket and sucking my thumb. Just for a min. 
Being in MN the last 2 weeks was beyond special. The days, like all the others the past 2 months were rich and so satisfying. But... Ahem. I don't know a lot of people in MN. And honestly? I spent not more than 2 min each week looking for people I hadn't yet seen who I would hate to not see. And while I loved seeing everyone- truly loved it- it kept me wound up and in high gear. Mon pm through Fri am of this week, I hid out in a guest apartment someone has made at one end of an old barn. Alone. It was great. And- for intermission, I went up to the house for suppers with some truly kind and hospitable folks. And even had 'tot therapy'! Cole, Madi and Remi were there, too, sometimes. No, I didn't know how to find the amazingly fun youtube stuff that Daddy does but we had fun, anyway. :) 
MN also meant spending a few nights with this Monkey and her 3 Monkey siblings (I don't have any other pix... cough cough- on my comp, that is) and (Monkey?) parents! We went to school! We went to the fire station! We read books! We had hugs! Monkey hugs! <3
This is what's on the docket for every day from now till June something-or-other. Just substitute 'home visit' for 'summer' and 'specialness' for 'fun'.
I've been practicing my flute... 
I need a secretary. heh. Better yet- just do it and then tell me you did, OK? My brain is on vacation. Oh- and would you please get name tags for everyone and put their family tree on each one... and the names, ages and hair colors of all their kids. Thanks. 
I have been soaking up every single thing so far. Every.Thing. Someone was complaining that the leaves really didn't get very pretty this fall because of an early frost. I had just spent 3 hours in a car refusing to talk because I was absorbing the whole WI-in-the-fall thing. Not pretty?! I'm outraged. It was gorgeous. The whole thing has been gorgeous. I'm absorbing it all through every pore. Every. Single. One. ThankYouVeryMuch.
Yes. I agree!
Ah yes- so- excuse me. There is face-to-face communication to be done. And people to love and be with. And smiling to be done.
 But first- I need a nap... yep, that's it.
xo

9 comments:

  1. I love this post Anita. You enjoy every moment & do what you need to do for YOU! Glad you got time to yourself this week. I ♥ Mutts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorta like seeing things through the eyes of a child? Soak it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Mutts!
    Love hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. be in the now..you do it so well! loved reading this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sunday I will get there early and hand out nametags in the parking lot. Name, family tree, and field.
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We never did this... but it was a fabulous idea. I'm still learning new connections! ;)

      Delete
  6. well, this is way after the fact, but i love this post too. i think todd & ina felt the same as you at EB. totally overwhelmed! hope you are feeling more settled now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling more settled now, Yes I am! But also very aware of the passing of time. ;)

      Delete