Sunday, April 20, 2008

misc

Things I've seen recently:
-a man who spit...and it flew back and landed on him. I've been nearly spit on so many times (and actually spit on once)- so I found this gut-bustingly funny.
-a person with absolutely the purse that I want- way cool, nice long strap, just the right size and color, not to mention practical, etc, etc...person was also wearing a cool (dress-type) scarf- looked a lot like one Trude used to have. Only problem- this was a boy-person with the cool purse and scarf.
-all the beautiful blossoms on the shrubs and trees bombed off by yesterday's rain.
-an adult male, proly about 40 yrs old, chewing and sucking on a huge bone- like possibly the foreleg of a beef- raw as can be; still pink. At a local market. People were gasping, spinning their heads around for 2nd looks and then veering way off course to avoid him. (This is NOT normal behavior- at least not here.) Aside: another example of the vast difference of culture or whatever- Ala's reaction was: A child might start to stutter if he saw it. I was like- Oh, yeah. Stutter??? Ok. I guess stuttering just hadn't occurred to me. Is it really caused by stuff like that? I somehow don't think so, but there's a whole lot I don't know, of course.

Re Linda's list of 3 sounds you like and 3 you dislike (I can deal with this one):
Like: spring birds chattering outside the window; piano music; flute music.
Dislike: the sound of your alarm clock going and going and going- shut it off, already, and next time put it under your pillow so you don't wake the rest of us; tinny cell phone music; cell phones ringing at loud volumes (jarring, repetitive noises in general- there are an awful lot of cell phone noises that I just plain don't like- for instance, just disable that beep beep for the keypad- you don't need that; shut off the crazy sound effects of your game, you don't need that, either; in fact, you really don't need most of the extra sound effects on your mobile phone. Nor do you need the Windows sound for booting up or shutting down/ sleeping your computer- it's pretty obvious what's going on. Thanks for listening).

1 comment:

  1. Amen to the alarm clock piece... I ranted about it over at Linda's place after I read yours here.

    ReplyDelete