That's me... ahhahahahaha Since the water came on and all... and if you have any questions, read the post below this one.
So, back to more serious things. I'm soon leaving this field- can't believe it. T gets back next Tues (don't tell anyone, but it's her bday that day... and she'll be... teehee- she won't be 38, that's for sure...); I'll head off to the south for specials and then have a day or so of running in Bill's field (one of my favorite places, for sure), help move; then Sharon A and I head north and east to her field- back where I was in Dec. It'll be nice to see those folks again. It's a busy busy area- but that's a good thing. Tomorrow am, we catch a train (w00t w00t), see the students in T and hopefully go on right away to L for the night. Fri we have plans (real honest-to-goodness-it's-all-arranged plans) to see Teresa! Should be back here by Mon.
Something I keep forgetting. Coming back on the train this past Mon, I saw a funky looking locomotive a few tracks over- it's obviously used for some special purpose, not for hauling passenger and/or freight cars around. On the side was stencilled: Defectoscope No kidding. I blinked, looked again. Defectoscope. I need one of those. I wonder if they come in purse-size? (Trude wants me to leave her my sneakoscope when I leave; well I hate to break it to ya, Little T, but my sneakoscope done had a nervous breakdown- I was too much for it.)
tata and have a good weekend Y'all
Since I often read but seldom comment I will answer your question here...
ReplyDeleteOn the HP lawsuit, I can understand it, in my eyes anytime someone besides the original author tries to work with another's creation, it is never the same for readers. Plus knowing that she has basically an autobiography of all characters, even minor, that may not be mentioned in the book I think that Steve has the potential to ruin that. Also to me it seems like he is trying to make money off of other peoples work. However I did find it interesting that JKR said that his doing this project could ruin her plans for a HP encyclopedia or other HP books, when after releasing the final book she said she was done and there would be no more. I think that she is caught between a rock and a hard place, how much is to much and will ruin the mystic of HP.
I have so enjoyed reading through your posts. Have a ways to go still...your descriptions are wonderful and I love feeling as if I'm experiencing things with you. I knew Trude in AZ when I was little, my parents live next to the conv grounds there. Wonder if you know Hilda H in Sweden - my husband's aunt. I look forward to visiting again.
ReplyDelete