Friday, April 4, 2008

Constant Comment

I have a very good friend who has that (see titled post) for a nickname. Maybe the nickname is earned- certainly she's not generally afraid to speak her mind- and it's often the kind of thing that's not so easy to say but needs saying. I don't know of a single person though who doesn't love her; and those of us who've had the good fortune to work with her would proly just about lay down and die for her- because that's what she does for us and for her field each day.
Anyway, this didn't start out to be about Jeannette, it just meandered that direction when I did the post title.
We're in the woodstove apartment. It's rainy so a woodfire feels great. T came by for a bit last night. She's a dear. See her again later today.
After the first morning things, it was fun to go through the stuff on my Google Reader page- lots of new blog posts this am waiting for me! Often I don't leave comments but then, when we're on the road and I'm using my iPAQ and mobile phone, I can't comment and of course that is When I WANT to comment. So, here are my comments- which will never show up on the blog page they're intended for because, well they proly just won't.
Laura: I love a good walk and I love Starbucks (although their prices rot my socks completely)- but your walk sort of was ummm- a trek? An odyssey? Made my feet have sympathy pains.
"The Other" Laura: Well I would have guessed Africa.
Jenn: Congrats on your star! I guess our elementary teachers knew what they were doing when they started the whole star thing.
The J's: Adobe Photo Shop Elements (this is the "for dummies" version of the full deal- or the scaled down version or something) is fairly easy. You can do a lot but also the simple stuff. I got mine from someone who didn't want it anymore, so have no idea re the cost.
Conor is ADORABLE in his daddy's boots. Are Brian's feet really that big?! LOL ;)
LOL Damon dragracing. Good thing Brett was with Grandpa and Grandma!
Linds: Latvia is cool! So glad you got to go! Didn't know Amy was going to be there, too.
MimiSusan: I love it when my old friends' pix pop up unexpectedly on people's blogs. That Greg is a good old IN friend! Nice he got down to see your mom.

Maybe that's enough! There are other things to do, after all!
Take Care and Have a good one!

1 comment:

  1. you're so funny. That is why I called it an "urban hike." :) Starbucks was just a destination...oh, and it was free with my gift card, which makes allllll the diff. :)

    ReplyDelete