Sunday, April 20, 2008

Addendum

to the things I've seen recently list.
(did I already mention this?): Gypsy Mom, begging, with toddler in her arms. Baby eating chunk of sausage. Baby drops sausage at my feet (we were on a bus). GM goes all way to back of bus and comes back to front. As she is getting off bus, she sees sausage, stoops, picks it up and eats it. Gypsies are an interesting breed. It's like a free trip to the zoo. Only not quite. They are, after all, people. But they often behave like animals. There is something weirdly fascinating about them. Sometimes, though, they're too much for delicate digestive systems. We won't talk about what happened to Sharon A and her sisters. This time, we really won't... But it was nasty. I have no idea where the notion that Gypsies are romantic comes from. It didn't start here, for sure.

1 comment:

  1. Ha. The only encounters I ever had with gypsies were in Italy and they were usually trying to steal from me. The kids were amazingly talented at it.

    ReplyDelete