Friday, April 25, 2008

Kids are cute...

When they're yours. (Or if they're related to me...)
Case in point: Little Mr adorable lisping 3 year old? It's 1 am. He's awake. Whining. Crying. Talking. Mom has the light on. Really- he's not so cute anymore. I've ended up in compartments with small children before... often enough that I nearly started to cry when I saw this one tonight. It's nearly always a worse than usual night. They can't help it, of course. Neither can the parents. But I wish there were special SEPARATE places for them. A separate train for them... Or better yet- a private plane for me... he can have the train. Bah Humbug.

The next morning: It was an awful night. He never did really sleep again. They finally disappeared sometime around 5. Yawn. I'm looking for coffee.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Now you know what it is like to have a newborn... or a sick kid... Hope you have a better night tonight! Get out the toothpicks to keep those peepers open!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my... we had a long night here, too, but not because we were on a train. Severe weather all night. Gah.

    ReplyDelete