Saturday, April 9, 2011

spring in Ukr

 
Yes, yes we did. Welcome back!
uhh- sorry about that. Put on your woolies and sit tight- it'll be gone soon...
Anything. And I don't even mind it when you wake me up in the morning. My room here overlooks a large 'blank' expanse of grass and is host to a ton of birds. And they do wake me up with their singing on sunny days... :)
I'm not necessarily a 'go green' type... but I am right now! It's fantastic to finally see more than grey and brown and white. Yay!
Walking in the park these days I've been hearing the birds... and they're ventriloquists. No kidding. I look up and can't find the bird anywhere even though it sounds like it's right over my head. 
and- a little later- the sign that spring is firmly and completely with us- the return of the storks. They should be arriving soon, actually. And if there ever was a bird on steroids... the stork is it. They're big, ungainly and ugly but welcomed by the locals as a symbol of good luck. If a stork chooses to build a nest on your property- well- the sun could not smile brighter! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the funnies lately! I needed them! Nice spring like day here. Looking forward to stork pics if you get any. :-) Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring is hitting most places around, but NOT Laramie! We have to wait until the very end of May for that. (Our high altitude makes is colder here.) I do miss those trillions of birdies (and frogs) we had in Indiana. Love your entertaining blog and view of another part of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for Laramie! It will (surely?) come! I miss the birdies, too. We have some here but nowhere near what I was used to from the States.

    ReplyDelete