this poor beast has been parked outside our entrance since... at least since last November. Looks like we'll no longer be able to say- And we're the door by the orange car... ;) They tell me this happens every spring. Mr Owner Man gets Old Faithful up and running again and putters around town in it all spring, summer and fall.
T's take
the rest of her take: He just crawled out of the mud somewhere and is trying to figure out where he is. My take: And he has a headache. He really looked and acted like he was hung over.
I want that car. Well, I'd rather have it in running condition all year long. I can just imagine all the fun places it could go. That toad looks much like I felt crawling out of winter! :)
One of our favorites when we were kids was _Frog and Toad are friends_, that's who the frog reminds me of. The orange car reminds me of being a teenager.
You should always spring for a heater! And true- a winter's nap would make you look groggy. The car doesn't seem to have moved yet. Frog and Toad are Friends- had forgotten all about those books- I liked them, too!
That car looks like the Trabant that they had in East Germany during the before the wall fell. Avis had stories about driving one of those. There were a lot of them there when we were there in 1993. They were in 3 colors though. Tan, pastel green and pastel blue. This one must have been special ordered. :)
It could be a cousin of that car, Diane. In fact, I don't know the mark for sure- maybe it's the same car. They sold the same stuff all over the USSR and the satellite states... these were definitely very common before the influx of Western cars and styles.
"Bummer! I forgot to order this car with a heater. Guess I'll have to park it for the winter." :)
ReplyDeleteHung over? You'd be groggy too if you just woke up from a winter long nap. ;)
ReplyDeleteI want that car. Well, I'd rather have it in running condition all year long. I can just imagine all the fun places it could go. That toad looks much like I felt crawling out of winter! :)
ReplyDeleteOne of our favorites when we were kids was _Frog and Toad are friends_, that's who the frog reminds me of. The orange car reminds me of being a teenager.
ReplyDeleteYou should always spring for a heater!
ReplyDeleteAnd true- a winter's nap would make you look groggy.
The car doesn't seem to have moved yet.
Frog and Toad are Friends- had forgotten all about those books- I liked them, too!
That car looks like the Trabant that they had in East Germany during the before the wall fell. Avis had stories about driving one of those. There were a lot of them there when we were there in 1993. They were in 3 colors though. Tan, pastel green and pastel blue. This one must have been special ordered. :)
ReplyDeleteIt could be a cousin of that car, Diane. In fact, I don't know the mark for sure- maybe it's the same car. They sold the same stuff all over the USSR and the satellite states... these were definitely very common before the influx of Western cars and styles.
ReplyDelete