Thursday, April 23, 2009

weather and other vital things

after my massage today, I sat outside in the sun at the playground just across the driveway from the clinic where the massage man works... the sun was brilliant; so bright it made the pix I took look blue. Normally that would bug me but I like that it's that sunny! (Since it's not raining and we desperately need rain- might as well enjoy the sun, right?)sat on one of those tires, I did

you proly missed those blossoms on that tree
just thought I'd point them out. They were really sweet; in fact, right now there are so many flowering trees in bloom and some of them are so fragrant...
that there are spots where, even in a city this big, the air is heavy with the perfume of them

hard to miss 'em here!

the scene outside the kitchen window now. (An aside- notice all the apt buildings; very few people here in Kyiv have private homes; I'm guessing 90%- or more?- live in apartment buildings. There are seas of apt buildings in this part of Kyiv.)
From this weekend.
Ukrn ladies love beautiful linens- and this isn't anything like some of them, but it does show a pretty typical duvet cover- open in the middle- you want a pain? Try stuffing a winter-weight bedspread through that hole and getting the 4 corners of the spread and the cover to match... All the linen needs ironing, too. Period. The newer stuff doesn't, of course, but a lot of people don't have much of that... ps- that's my tea cup there :)
This is the little guy where I spent the night... this time, he didn't cry when I looked at him... in fact he giggled, laughed, ran, jumped, rolled and generally had a blast... which meant the rest of us did, too. He is an absolute doll... and he liked sitting on my duffle bag- that was great fun.

4 comments:

  1. I heart spring...glad you were able to enjoy the great outdoors on a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm! Flowering trees! My favorite sight of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous trees and views! oh yeah...and i think duvets and i would have issues cooperating with each other...;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes- we've been loving the spring weather. desperately need rain though...
    I have real issues with that particular kind of duvet cover, myself...but only if I have to get the duvet inside the cover.

    ReplyDelete