Sunday evenings are usually 'fried brain' types. End of a long day, more Russian than I care to deal with (Ukrainian feels downright homey in comparison), generally company for supper- and I'm not worth much afterwards. There's verb work to do...and I contemplated it...looked at it... and couldn't face it. Dug around old pic files instead and found some 'stuff'. Here we go... (get your popcorn)

top of the monument on Independence Square, downtown Kyiv.

you want some fruit? Or anything else? This is a bazaar (market)- you can get 'most anything there... quality not guaranteed...interesting place, though.
Puppy has a nice bed at the bazaar...
this guy made the rounds near one apartment we had... he was unique, to say the least. Trude took his pic and he loved it!

Western Ukr will look like this in about 2 months or so. Poppies grow wild...and are gorgeous!

Ukr is quite possibly the most beautiful place you've never visited (which seems a direct contrast to
what I wrote about the trash everywhere... it's called 'selective photography'). This shot is from the old city at Kamyanets'-Podilskiy... an amazing place.
.JPG)
overlooking the city of Kremenets' (I believe- didn't take this one); there's an old fortress up above the city and it's beautiful.
.JPG)
the Danube down in the south

just somewhere here... in a village

hauling fresh-cut grass down south- think this is one of LaDon's pix

ah yes! Joachim's horse pic! I love this... very typical of the north
.JPG)
last spring looking out the kitchen window
.JPG)
same window, about 7 or 8 months earlier

everyone takes a shot of the escalators going down into the metro but none of them do them any justice. They're incredibly deep. Some take 4 min or longer to get to the bottom, moving fast. Have a seat and rest a min...

hands-down, the most original outhouse I've ever been associated with! She got creative!

ahhh- a lady of many talents...including bird perch. There's one of the same bird eating macaroni out of her mouth but, for now, I'm opting on friendship instead... but I have it...and it could be 'bought' for the right price...

This, on the other hand, is quite possibly the most beautiful place I've ever visited... Norway. You cannot hold a candle to Norway in the summer...this is at Dalsnibba. I have a ton more beautiful-norway pix... but a person does have to stop somewhere.
I can't decide which pix is the most beautiful, Norway or the outhouse.
ReplyDeletegreat post! am on my way to preps today
ReplyDeleteglad you feel that way about my ancestral homeland...
ReplyDeleteoh where to start..i came..i looked..i was entertained and i don't believe i've seen quite as beautiful a lamp as one of those first pictures..very delicate curliques...t'would certainly be an experience to meet that Trude someday i expect..
great pics! might have to come see those views for ourselves sometime...but only if we can get the grand tour from you...i mean, scenery is a great thing to go visit a place for, but what better than to also see a good friend? norway looks awesome, i must admit...but i don't know anyone there...;0)
ReplyDeletelol- beautiful outhouse- I'll take Norway!
ReplyDeleteHappy preps... come back for ours!
ethel- Norway took my breath away- literally sometimes- I'm from the falt land!
Come and bring Hubby and the kiddoes! I agree- scenery's great but the people 'make' the place. 'S why I love WI! :)
I want to ride an escalator like that. I love escalators!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYes, Norway is very beautiful. Loved that picture! (and the others, too) Aunt Agnes gets to be there this summer! I'm glad for her. She 'gets' 2 wks. with us on return! : )
ReplyDeleteDiane- it just swooped down into my head- you really need to come here for a visit sometime if you can... not just for the escalators!
ReplyDeletemarvswife- as in WI? She'll be in WI for a bit? nice!