Wednesday, February 3, 2010

oh baby!

We have a new baby here! Can you guess who this is?
see the little blue hat?
Yep- this is a boy baby! He cries!

He opens his eyes!

He's Artem. Born a week ago. I've not actually met him yet but hope to later this week. Momma and Daddy are both deaf; Daddy's is genetic, so they'll be keeping an eye on this little fellow for that. He has a big brother (who can hear perfectly well when he wants to, thanks very much). Alyosha is 7 1/2 already and wasn't all that keen (at first) on the thought of another body in the house. Then he adjusted. When they introduced Big Brother and Little Brother, Big Brother was a study, we hear. He looked and looked... looked at his feet- this kid can't walk... looked at his mouth- he doesn't have any teeth... all he does is CRY... What use is this?! I guess he was quite disappointed! He'd apparently been picturing a ready-made playmate and this just doesn't look too hopeful!

Big Brother is also the kid I asked (when he was 3)- Alyosh- can I kiss you? He looked at me and retorted- It's a bit early! (ещё рано!) Everyone rolled on the floor laughing and wiping their eyes.

4 comments:

  1. Hilarious!! Have you gotten your kiss yet? So, how do you pronounce those names? Is it "Are teem'" Won't even guess on the big bro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa (otherwise known as Miss)February 3, 2010 at 5:22 PM

    Precious. That baby boy is beautiful! He makes my heart go pitter pat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Melissa... it's a good thing that baby is a couple of continents away, 'cause I might just steal him. What a darling baby, and what with his brother being against him already and all... he obviously needs some protection. That's always a tough realization for the older one that they aren't ready to play for a few months, and in fact, they take so much attention from the ones who used to be your playmates. One of their first "Life's not fair" lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope- haven't gotten that kiss yet... and I suspect it's too late!
    I might need to go get a baby fix soon! Hoping to see the whole family soon!

    ReplyDelete