Sunday, February 7, 2010

Murchyk (Мурчик)- Life of a Cat

Got out to Ira's this morning... it's a very cold day... they'd fired up the wood stove this morning... it felt good...

I'm not the only one who thought so... what's this?
Ahhh... This is 'Murchyk' (Мурчик)- his name means he purrs...

understand?
He wasn't very inclined to wake up at first....
but I know how to talk to Ukr'n cats...





:) Monkeyshine





He was about to settle in again... so his 'Mom' hauled him out of there... poor thing...





Here's the other side of that stove. The 'business' side. There's a kettle of water there and burners... they only use it for heat, though, as they have a gas stove in the kitchen...



a little while later, look who came back... we know who's important around here! :)

11 comments:

  1. awwww!! i LOVE cats... your furry friend is particularily cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!! He is sooo cute! I'm home with a cold today & my kitty is keeping me company. He's good for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one of the many animals the boys are anticipating on getting when we move:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it would be great to be a cat... for a day or two. After that, all that laying around would get boring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Made me smile-- thinking of my Dad who was getting a bit of grief around the farm for getting a cat warmer so his kitties had a warm place to sleep, and then trying to pass off the idea as being my Mom's :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what cute kitty! love those pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute Kitty! Glad you gave us permission to laugh on the previous post;-)Hope you didn't suffer any long term damage from your "accident".

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is SUCH a cute kitty!! SHAME ON YOU, though, for showing him to us and creating this feeling in me that *I* want a kitty now!! I can't have one, so there's nothing I can do about that feeling but cry and feel all lonely.

    Oh, who am I kidding. I do want a kitty, too, but I'm certainly not crying over not being able to have one right now. ha! Thanks for sharing his cuteness with us!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute kitten! Ours loves to find the warm spots, too. I'm having a hard time visualizing that stove, though... is that a niche in the wall directly behind it? Quite the set-up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the teapot handle looks like a cattail too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ps- this cat is Personality Plus, too. An absolute corker!
    Glad you've got the kitten Stacy!
    Miss- It'll be great when you have room for some animals!
    True, Gary.
    Helen- Wow- your dad surprised me with that one! Cracked me up, in fact! Sounds a bit like my dad.
    mom2J's- no long term damage from that incident...
    Jen- I had gold fish when I was in college for precisely the reason you just stated.
    Cats always know where the warm spots are...
    Had to go back and look at the teapot handle... does indeed.

    ReplyDelete