Sunday, October 24, 2010

Word to the wise...

...before you call the new folks to check up on them and make sure they're still alive and kicking- check the clock first. Just because you got in around 8.30 and it feels early...doesn't mean it is early...
...don't be snarky... no matter how bad you want to be... especially to your friends. You'll be glad later. You will.  
...and for the teens among us- Now I'm not talking to the ones I know best. In fact, thankfully, I can't say that any whom I know personally would behave like what I saw this weekend. But- just remember- you think you're cooler than words can express just now and you think that InYourFace behavior is amazing, that you're so much more than those of us so old we've used up our best zip and razzle-dazzle: You'll be ashamed some day for what you did and you'll wish you had these days to do over. You'd choose differently. You'd be more careful. You'd save some of your 'smartness' for the day it really was smart. Sigh. I know- we can all be like this at any stage of life. Please- let's all remember this a little more often. 
and other odds and ends....
... little girl this am- too cute to be allowed. Wearing a snowsuit (it's sort of cold here in the mornings you know). Across the back side of her pink snow pants were the words- 'Bean Angel'. I got the giggles. What happens- the stuff that's made in China and Turkey with typo's on it- never makes it to the States, Canada, UK, etc... gets sold cheap to non-English speaking countries. So you see all kinds of nonsensical stuff. Another little girl used to wear a cute t-shirt with the words 'Hippy Child' stamped across the front. Not sure what 'Bean Angel' should have been... and 'Hippy Child'? Maybe Happy? Maybe it really was for hippies... or the children of hippies? Who knows.
and some fun stuff from a few days ago. Life Mag photo essays on..... CANDY!! :) easy (they say), medium (again- they say) and hard (this time- I agree)

5 comments:

  1. You didn't wake someone up, did you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I wish I could sometimes enlighten the poor teens...but alas, I'm afraid I acted the same way they are now, but then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness I'm old enough to NOT remember how I acted as a teen! ;-) But I'm sure it wasn't as bad as the latest version... yeah... right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh oh are you getting too tired and turning snarky? And don't worry, we've all had a time lapse issue and called someone not realizing just how fast time DOES march! Hmmm, and that teen thing? Wouldn't you just love to take a fly swatter and swat them silly sometimes?! Actually, it'd be satisfying to swat anyone that doesn't act their age and "station" appropiately (teen or adult)- I'm just saying=) So now you just get to wait and see if the offending parties read your blog and see themselves, right? It's a little bit like ice fishing! Let us know if you get any bites;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janice- Why, in fact, I believe I did! ;)
    Jenny- I'm quite certain you weren't as nasty as these kids...
    Gary- ok- I'm sure we all had attitudes... but some of the deeds themselves have gotten downright low class.
    Melissa- no fancy name this time?! I'd love to tell you what I was getting snarky about! ;) I'd love to take a fly swatter to them, yes I would! If the offending parties read this, I'd be very very surprised! But I'll let you know if there are any bites... although since they were all complete strangers, I likely will never know...

    ReplyDelete