Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Bicycles are...

Instruments of torture. With all due respect to my Laura-out-west friend...and anyone else who 'likes' them...[likes...likes???...this is a huge stretch for my imagination] happy biking...happy aching...happy huffing and puffing and dodging mud puddles and muddy-ing up every inch of you below the knees. I happily leave you to it. You can thumb your nose at me, laugh at me, call me a wimp- whatever. I'm big enough, strong enough to take it. But thanks- I'd rather walk.

And yes, I speak from experience.

And it seems my Grandpa is doing a bit better- still in the hospital but didn't necessarily have a stroke- maybe a seizure? Not that most of you knew anything about that... I'm telling you now. I'm happy if he's better than they thought.

Good Night.

6 comments:

  1. My "seat" and bike seats aren't compatible, if ya know what I mean. Not even in a gym. Good that Grandpa is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Susan. My seat isn't either. Even those fat seated pedal pusher bikes are awful. Give me a good pair of walking shoes any day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah- by the time I pushed the bike, I'd have been faster if I'd left the thing at home... I'm trying for an attitude adjustment- but I just don't think we're all meant to be bike riders...at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a long sleeve tee shirt that says, "I want to ride my bicycle" and on the back it says, "Life is Good." Rats, I should have sent it to you. :) You are crazy, bicycling is the best thing since...since...well, since chocolate pudding. ;-) Anyway, thinking of you these days. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, too bad. I really love biking. Wonder how you would do with an anotomically correct bike saddle, they make 'em for the female anatomy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a form of chocolate pudding tonight and I can assure you that bikes and chocolate pudding aren't even in the same universe... not even close... it's like comparing the flu to cheesecake or well, to chocolate pudding...
    T- umm, I don't think that would really cure it... I'm just not, shall we say 'chuffed' when it comes to bikes... at all. My favorite kind is the stationary ones in the supercircuit room at the gym where I used to work out- you switched machines every 30 seconds. Believe me, 30 seconds is sufficient on a bike... totally...

    ReplyDelete