But before there were nephies and neice-ies, there were other little tykes. Cute. Out-going. Shy. Skinny. Chunky. Tall. Short. You name it, there was someone to fit the bill. Well, this little dude was in my inbox today- and he brought a certain kid vividly to mind. Now this kid is currently something like 15- so I won't embarrass him by naming him- but maybe his mom will recognize him. It was memorable.
He had a book called 'Vegetables Gone Bad' or something like that... all about a little boy who didn't like some kind of vegetable and he managed to hide them when he was supposed to be eating them...but these veggies came back in the night to 'haunt' him (or something like that). So one Sunday afternoon, we were having lunch with this little guy's family and his peas were disappearing like nobody's business... Only later did someone discover he'd stuffed them all down into the top of the hollow leg of his metal folding chair! Poor kid- someone mentioned the 'Vegetables Gone Bad' book- and he got really worried. (I always thought he was rather clever!)This next one's for all the foodies among us... make sure to get a great soup base- any soup'll be good after that!

Ha! I love it! I'll have to remember that little trick next time somebody serves me peas...;-)(That's about all they're good for, in my humble opinion!) Nice soup base...I'll probably think of that every time Logan eats a hot dog from here on out! Gross...;-)
ReplyDeleteHAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!
ReplyDeleteHow can you celebrate American holidays while not in America?!?
There is so much to be thankful for!!
Today we are thankful for a chance to rest!
We are at some of your little nephew and nieces' grandparents' home in IL.
Had a traditional Thanksgiving meal and started a John Deere puzzle.
I know which 15-like kid you're referring to from a previous post on a blog! :) Another cousin in that family once said "the water is good" when as a guest she couldn't find anything else to appreciate!
ReplyDeleteHa, thanks Anita for that flash back in time! Ya know...he still doesn't like peas! Imagine that!
ReplyDeleteCute cute...I'll have to remember that the next time someone tries to serve me broccoli!! Yeah, I’m not a vegetable person either – give me a big juicy steak any day. ;)
ReplyDeleteHeather- I'll pass this one on to your kids in a year or so, how 'bout? ;)
ReplyDeleteShelley- We usually have celebrated T'giving here but this year it just didn't work. I love puzzles- good way to end the day!
Julie- I was thinking I'd blogged that incident earlier. pretty sure I've heard the water story, too... lol
anon- too bad about the peas! I'll bet he doesn't stuff them down chairs anymore though now!
Kristen- I like veggies- but a steak will do all kinds of yummy things for me! those were some pretty yummy looking ones on your blog! :)
Haha...yeah, you do that! Then mine won't be the only chair with peas stuffed in the hollow legs!!;-)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see your veggie stuffed chairs, Heather! It'll be the family thing!
ReplyDeleteHaha...guess what?? I was just served peas recently at someone's house...wonder if they'll notice the chairs...;0)
ReplyDeleteheather- if you let me know who, I can just sort of hint for them to check the chairs you know...;)
ReplyDelete