Sunday, November 2, 2008

afternoon in the park

this Polish 'vacation' has had its perks, for sure.
Now, it sure didn't start out to be a vacation. It was supposed to be
  • in one day
  • business done same day
  • possibly one more day to finish business
  • out the next day

When the train was 4 hours late Mon am and we never even got to the embassy that day (the day that was supposed to do the first 2 bullet items on the above list), maybe we should have been thinking: This Is A Bad Sign.

Ahhh, for the innocence of a younger more carefree time. Like last week. You don't need all the details- they're mostly boring (except to me- they're somewhat life-, energy- and strength-consuming, but that's just... ummm... that's just what I just said it was). BUT- things just didn't go as planned. The best laid plans of mice and men and all that. So, I'm still in Poland. Still 'exploring options'. (that's such a handy and vague phrase.)

Yesterday and today were big holidays here- All Saints' Day and Day of the Dead and I'm not sure what all... but not really practical to try to do something Big and Important... Sort of like trying to have a mtg on the Westside of Indy on Race Day. Or more like having that mtg smack dab on Oh, I don't know- it's just not practical. So, we had a free afternoon. So we 3 (did I mention that we're all 29? Seriously. Damaris is 29 last summer; I'm just 29; T is 29 in Jan... there's only a year and about 6 mos between us... and if that math confuses you- well shame on you.) So- Yes- we 3 went to a park that surrounds an old palace- and roamed and walked and chatted and watched a squirrel and a fisherman and sat on benches and cleared our heads and just generally had some wonderful mental health time.

D & T

bet you don't know who this is...
Even our feet were happy.
I think this is why the embassy didn't work. So we'd have today. It was great. And it's supposed to snow soon. But today was still sunny and crisp. Very Nice.

Good Night, peeps

12 comments:

  1. Well that's all very interesting, wonder what happens next? I bet you sail across the border grinning all the way. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they're cooking up something down south

    ReplyDelete
  3. but you'd better believe I'll be grinning, come to think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. No snow here yet, either. Thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may be 29 and holdin' but I'm pretty sure Tammy started about the same time I did. She must have been about 8 then when she started.

    I won't guess about Damarius. You all could be 38 if I have it figured correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sure was a great day yesterday!! :) By the way, Duane I was a little older then 8 when I started in the work and a few years older when I came over here. Smile

    ReplyDelete
  7. F., T & E are here. E says it is 29 going on about 40! I guess I had too many things on my mind at the time and can't really believe my kinds are in the '29' bracket already. Enjoy 29 for a long time! Minnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your math must be as fuzzy as mine! Glad you had a leasure day with good company.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was good to see these pictures awhile back. Blogger wouldn't let me post then. It was so good to see smiling Tammy. I always like it when I check in and see a familiar face. It is always fun just to check in and see how things are in a world that I know nothing about! Linda L in WY

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi i am thinking these girls must of had a serius brain laps .forgetting to add and subtracted instead. is this what going to these other countries does/ OR DID YOU BUMP
    YOUR HEAD. IF SO YOU MIGHT TRY AGAINTO GIVE IT ANOTHER BUMP TO STRAIGTEN IT OUT. SMILE HAVE A GOOD DAY.LOVE YA MANDY

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha re the 29 thing. For someone who doesn't even care if you do know how old I am (38 for real- you were right, Duane- or come Jan, you will be), I had a lot of fun with this one!
    29 going on 40... hmmm- that sounds a bit provacative or something... lol
    Linda- it's just as fun to post a pic and hear from an unexpected corner about that person!
    Mandy- haven't bumped my head that hard yet! :)

    ReplyDelete