We had about 2 hours of actual honest-to-goodness sunshine today... this after over a week of rain every single day (and most of those days it was rain all day long), solid clouds and COLD... brrrr... as in there's-no-heat-it's-cold-where-are-my-wool-socks-and-long-johns cold....Which brings me to this: I used to have a down comforter for winter but left it for Pat to use. Wool blankets are fine but don't fit in the duvet cover and tend to get all twisted up (this is a vital piece of info, yessirreeeee). So, out I go to find something that'll stop the night-time shivers. I found something like this (except for a tiny fraction of what they're listed for here). I'd never even heard of camel hair stuff (I proly haven't lived, I know). Well, Wow- it's great. I love it. I highly recommend it. (I will accept endorsement fees.) It will go with me from now until death doth uth part... :)
Next Mon, I start teaching... yikes... help... what?!
(aside to self: *calm down*)
Just one class Mon night- English conversation. Will likely also have maybe 2 other classes later in the week. We'll see how it goes. This is absolutely nothing zip zero compared to what some people have...but I like to say that I never aspired to be an English teacher... I sort of had cows in mind... and I sort of never planned on teaching them anything. It had a whole lot more to do with wellness and healthy living for the Bovines in your life (are there any there?)... good thing I like people and like to talk talk talk blah blah blah
The thought of sleeping under camel hair makes my nose really really itchy! But I bet it's warm! I'm a cold one too. So the down comforter inside the duvet is vital for me.
ReplyDeleteI like camels....and cows. Not to teach either one anything though.:-) Wait, that's not all I got out of your post...good luck with the teaching, I'm sure you'll do fine! And glad you found something to keep you warm! I do NOT like to be cold, thank-you-very-much! Huh...ask my why we live in WI then??? No, never mind, don't ask...I'm working on changing that to no avail! Sigh...:-)
ReplyDeleteOops...that's supposed to say "ask me why..." but for some strange reason I didn't type it right the first time and failed to ck before I hit enter...now, THERE'S a shock!:-)
ReplyDeleteSurely you can somehow incorporate cows in with your teaching! Ha! Good luck and glad there's that invite! Mom
ReplyDeleteyou crack me up, as usual. :):):)
ReplyDeleteSo do you have a plan for Mon night? I'm sure it'll be fine.
ReplyDeleteI ware my woolen long johns and my wool sweater to bed last night. We are on the edge of an island ready to fall into the Atlantic. I've made a complete circle.
cows win over camels any day in my book. but this duvet is still pretty great.
ReplyDeletewell, my Mon night plan went out the window ak- but I regrouped fast and came out swinging so it went ok. but I don't get your complete circle thing... and your bridges and island-hopping road give me the freaks...
Camel hair, huh? I'm cold blooded, too, so you almost have convinced me to try this out. Good luck on the teaching thing.
ReplyDeleteI'll say it again here, as Luna Lovegood would say, "a circle has no beginning and no end"
ReplyDeletethe interesting thing about this post- I'm not actually that cold blooded- I love the air around me to be cold while I'm toasty warm in it... wierd, eh? I sleep with the window wide open and a wonderfully warm blanket.
ReplyDeleteumm, Luna Lovegood... right, no beginning and no end... You must be Professor McGonagall... teehee... I like it!