
We look out our kitchen window and across the
dump grassy area behind the building, across the road to a park with a war memorial visible high on the top of a hill. T mentioned a few times that she and A had gone there some last year but I never really considered it as I couldn't really figure out how to get there. It sort of seemed like there was only one way to go from the door and that was straight ahead, toward the grocery, bus stop and bus station, away from the park. Well, I finally got good and tired of the weather and decided I'd figure out how to get to that park. And guess what? ha! It wasn't even hard. ;) Just turn RIGHT outside the door and follow the sidewalk around the side of the building and down the slope to the road. The steps even end at a cross walk so you can cross the 4 lane road legally (and relatively safely). The cross walk dumps you right into the park entrance:

And the park entrance has this handy dandy sign. FORBIDDEN! Lighting bonfires, Drinking alcoholic drinks, Riding in cars and Motorcycles. Thank you for the cleanliness.
Ha. I've seen all of the above (except the motorcycles) every time I've been there... and it certainly isn't clean. Littering is a common (and accepted) practice. Never-the-less, this park is a treat; a great place to walk. And as the days get warmer, it is more and more swarming with people. Moms and their kids, Grandparents and their grandkids, Grandmas with Grandpas, Boyfriends with their girlfriends, Dogs and their walkers. Lots of Moms and kids. Lots of Grandmas and Grandpas. (And the first time, there was even a Grandma in a tree... right by the entrance. I have no idea what she was doing... if I hadn't been there for the exercise, I'd have hung around to watch.)
 |
| Blue sky! Tree getting ready to bud! (You can almost see it if you use your imagination!) |
 |
| This was snow-covered and icy (and treacherous) a mere 5 days ago. It's been warm and sunny, folks! :) |
 |
| a little heavy artillery to spice up the walk |
 |
| Every time I see these, I can just imagine meeting it as it purposefully moves to the front lines, ready to do some damage. |
 |
| There are 8 tanks and big guns all together. shudder |
 |
| Looking from the top of the hill out toward the city. When it gets a bit drier, I want to follow that path. :) |
Don't you think the time is now to follow the path? ;)
ReplyDeleteso the littering mentality is still going strong...even with younger generations?
ReplyDeletegrandma in a tree...that would have been interesting!;0) tanks and such are intimidating...makes me shudder, too. looks like a nice place for a walk in spite of the littering...hope you're enjoying warmer weather!:0)
ReplyDeletethanks for the nice little stroll with you in your park! Jo
ReplyDeleteand now it's all slippery and slidey again
ReplyDeleteI think fewer people probably litter than they used to but there's still an awful lot...
ReplyDeleteThe grandma in the tree was puzzling. Would have been fun to ask her what she was doing but I didn't.
ps- I followed the path several times now- it's great! ;)
ReplyDelete